If you’re in the market for a big ticket gift this holiday season, you’re in luck. There are plenty of products to help a cord cutter get set up and create the optimal viewing experience.
- LG 49” 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV ($399.99 at Target, currently on sale) A clear picture and good sound quality are essential to cord cutting. The Target Black Friday preview shows that all TVs will be on sale, and this one has good customer reviews. It’s the right time to upgrade.
- Google Home Mini ($29.99 at Best Buy, Black Friday) This small device will keep your entire home connected with voice activation. Cord cutters will love using Google Home to cast content to their TVs.
- The First Stick will be for sale on Black Friday for $24.99. (Typically $39.99)
- Mohu Leaf ($59.99 at Best Buy) An indoor antenna allows those without a cable subscription to get access to basic channels. Mohu is a favorite brand among many cord cutters and the Leaf has positive reviews from those who love the simple design and the number of channels they receive.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet ($277.99 at Walmart, currently on sale) A tablet makes a great gift for anyone who wants to watch their streaming content on the go. Thanks to many services giving the option to download content to watch later, a tablet makes it easy to catch up on TV shows or watch a movie during a daily commute, on a plane, or while on vacation. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A has good reviews and holiday deals put it at a reasonable price point.
- Polk Audio Omni 3.1 Soundbar ($349.98 at Best Buy, Black Friday) There are many audio bars on the market, but the 50% off deal on this one from Polk Audio can’t be beat. The bar improves sound quality for the best possible movie night experience.
Whether your gift recipient is new to the world of cord cutting or could use an upgrade to a new streaming system, there are many devices to choose from.
- Roku Premier+ ($49.99 at Amazon, Black Friday) The Roku is easy to install, offers simple navigation, and works well. Give a Roku Premier+ to those who are just starting out with cord cutting, or as an upgrade to their current setup.
- Amazon Fire TV ($69.99 at Amazon) If you know someone who already uses an Amazon Echo, the Fire TV makes a solid companion. The two work together so users can control their Fire TV with Alexa. Plus, you can get the device with Prime two day shipping, perfect for last minute gifting.
Stocking Stuffer Subscriptions
Sometimes, the best gifts come in small packages. Give the gift of TV and movies by gifting a subscription to a streaming service your friend or family member will love. Subscriptions are the perfect gift if you’ve waited until the last minute. Pay online and print a certificate to stick in a stocking or card.
- Netflix Gift Cards ($30, $60, or $100 at Target, via email) With genres to fit every personality, Netflix is a great choice for nearly anyone on your list. Look for physical gift cards in stores, or buy online and have the gift code emailed to your recipient.
- Hulu Gift Cards ($25 or $50 at Walmart, via email) Give your friends and family the gift of great TV with a Hulu subscription. You’ll find gift cards in amounts ranging from $15-100 at many major retailers. You can also buy online and have the gift card code emailed to the recipient, making it a great alternative to mailing a gift.
- Sling TV Gift Cards ($25 or $50 at Walmart) With a quick email, you can give the gift of live TV to anyone on your list. Sling TV makes it easy to watch sports, news, and prime time favorites, along with giving access to on demand content. The email gift card offers the most convenient delivery possible.
- Amazon Prime Membership ($33 or $99 at Amazon, via email) Prime video, streaming music, free e-books, and two day shipping make for a thoughtful gift for anyone.
Bonus Gift: The Best Remote Control
- Logitch Harmony Smart Control ($79 at Amazon) The Logitech Harmony Smart Control makes it easy to control your entire cord cutting setup with one remote control, or with your smartphone. A hub connects up to eight devices and an app gives you full control from your phone. Simple instructions allow for quick and easy installation.
Sling TV Device Deals – Give the full entertainment experience this holiday season with one of our device deals:
- Roku Express – Get a free Roku Express (retail price: $29.99) when you prepay for two months of Sling TV.
- Roku Ultra – Get $50 off a Roku Ultra (retail price: $99.99) when you prepay for three months of Sling TV.
- AirTV Player – Get an AirTV Player + Adapter for $50 when you prepay for three months of Sling TV ($129.99 value). Or, get an AirTV Player bundle and an indoor antenna for $70 when you prepay for three months of Sling TV.
- Indoor Antenna – Customers who qualify for an OTA antenna (based on geographic location) can get a free Winegard indoor antenna ($59.99 retail value) when you prepay for two months of Sling TV.
- LG B7 Smart TV– Get a $210 Sling TV credit courtesy of LG when you purchase an LG OLED B7 TV from Costco, Sam’s Club or BJ’s online and in stores.
- Best Buy – Get an extended free trial of Sling TV when you purchase select streaming devices, smart TVs and antennas from Best Buy online and in stores.
FREE 4K Apple TV
If you want a free Apple TV 4K, AT&T has a great deal for you. Right now if you prepay for four months of DIRECTV NOW you can get a free Apple TV 4K.
Typically an Apple TV 4K costs $170, but with this deal, you can get four months of DIRECTV NOW and a 4K Apple TV for $140. That is a great deal and as best I know the least expensive way to get the 4K Apple TV.
Free Roku Stick
DIRECTV NOW is offering a free 2017 Roku Stick with the new voice remote and the ability to control your TV with the remote. All you need to do is prepay for two months of DIRECTV NOW.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.