Here is our video review:
Now it is important to remember that the 2017 Ultra has a few things the 2016 Premiere does not. For example, the new remote will allow you to turn on and off the TV as well as adjust the volume of your TV. The Roku Ultra also offers the ability to find your remote for lost remotes.
2016 Roku Premiere Details:
- Perfect for HD and 4K Ultra HD TVs, features fast quad-core processor and 802.11ac dual-band wireless.
- 4K Ultra HD with four times the resolution of 1080p HD, delivers crisp detail and brilliant, life-like images.
- Easy access to 450,000+ movies and TV episodes across 4,500+ paid or free channels, including Netflix, Video, Hulu, and PBS KIDS.
- Unbiased search across top channels. Find where it’s free or cheapest to watch.
2017 Roku Ultra Details:
- 802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet
- 4K UHD HDR TVs – Supports HDR10 technology
- Power, HDMI 2.0a, Ethernet 10/100, microSD, USB
- Audio features
- DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Night listening mode
- microSD card slot for additional channel storage
- USB port for local playback
- Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons as well as voice search, headphone jack, and gaming buttons
- Speaker for lost remote finder alerts
- Player includes IR receiver, compatible with various universal remotes
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.