We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

5 FREE Roku Channels for Movie Lovers

Roku Screen LogoHave a Roku and hate paying for movies? We have great news for you! Roku has a ton of apps that bring you thousands of movies 100% FREE.

Here are our top 5 FREE channels for movie lovers.

POP FLIXPOP FLIX

Love classic movies? POP FLIX has thousands of classic movies—everything from campy films and westerns to sci-fi and much more!

You can add POP FLIX to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/17624/pop-flix-classic-movies

SciFiStationSCI-FI Station

Are you a sci-fi fan? SCI-FI Station has thousands of FREE sci-fi movies—from classics to new campy films. No matter what kind of sci-fi you are looking for, Sci-Fi Station has it all.

You can add SCI-FI Station to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/83494/sci-fi-station-free-movies

TubiTV1Tubi TV

Tubi TV has thousands of movies from every possible genre you could dream of. No matter what you love Tubi TV has it, with a huge catalog of movies from big name studios like Paramount and more.

You can add Tubi TV to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/41468/tubi-tv

CrackleCrackle

Crackle is a FREE streaming service created by Sony with a huge lineup of movies and even original shows. New movies and shows are added every month.

You can add Crackle to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2016/crackle

FilmRiseFilmRise

FilmRise offers film favorites like the action-packed thriller, Red Scorpion, and also great comedies, romances, dramas, horror films, documentaries, award-winning foreign language films, and independent cinema.

You can add FilmRise to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/45437/filmrise

Have a suggestion for a channel that gives you great FREE movies? Post it in the comments so everyone can try it out.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

11 Responses to 5 FREE Roku Channels for Movie Lovers

clocks April 1, 2016 at 9:24 am #

I wish there were an easy way to know to things about these free channels. 1. Commercials per hour 2. What, if anything, is in HD.

Admin April 1, 2016 at 9:33 am #

Commercials per hour is not consistent it depends on the movie and show. Yet it is far less than cable TV.

HD content depends on the show they all offer HD streams but if the movie was not shot in HD it can’t really be HD stream etc.

clocks April 1, 2016 at 1:15 pm #

It could be my perception, but to me it seems some of these services have just as many commercials as cable. Also, more often than not, it is in standard def. I guess maybe I have become spoiled.

Other annoyances I have encountered is there have been times the exact same commercial will play 3x back to back, in the same commercial break. And there seems to be no logic behind when you were last served a commercial. For instance you could just finished watching 3min of ads, accidentally hit the home button or back out of the movie. Going back in will make you want more ads, even though you just saw a bunch a min ago.

Hopefully the ads get smarter and some of these issues work themselves out over time. And flagging which content is HD should be done on the movie select screen.

Goofynews April 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm #

First, you’re talking FREE here. Somehow the bills gotta be paid. Second, even though there are commercials, the movies are in their entirety. Not true with Cable OR Broadcast. I’m quite fond of TubiTV for this reason. Has an awesome lineup of movies. They say the are, “The free alternative to Netflix.” Which I find very true. Plus they are closed captioned. I am deaf, so this is important. Three, they’re on-demand. This is something you don’t get with most cable channels, unless you have a dvr. So either fork over the cash, or be grateful for something you’re getting for almost nothing.

Frank H April 4, 2016 at 7:50 am #

SnagFilms was pretty good on the Roku last I looked. All free as well.

Mike Agner April 5, 2016 at 11:34 am #

It should be noted that Crackle has ads (maybe depending on the show, but the few I’ve seen there all had ads like a regular cable channel)

How about a best 5 for Fire TV? I just subscribed to TubiTV, and I do like Crackle (once you get past the annoying program they play in the background – that you can’t seem to shut off – while you go and select something), I would include Frequency (a great aggregator with numerous topics), Weather Nation (weather that you can target for your area) and the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle.

The navigation in Frequency is better, I think, than Pluto, and Frequency covers more topics. I understand there’s a new news and entertainment aggregator called Haystack which I haven’t tried yet, but it’s supposed to be pretty good

Smarter than Your Average Bear September 16, 2016 at 2:46 pm #

Ah too bad the web channel store is not supported here in Canada

Alan Smithee October 1, 2016 at 6:14 pm #

Crackle is awful with their annoying logo that stays onscreen- reason why I don’t watch regular TV anymore! You can however avoid that annoyance if you watch it on a Chromecast.