Smiling family sitting holding remote control

Antenna Direct Releases a New Antenna Disguised as a Picture Frame

Today Antenna Direct announced a new antenna called ClearStream View. This new antenna takes away one of the biggest complaints people have about indoor antennas… How ugly they can be…

With the ClearStream View, you will find a 50-mile antenna built into a picture frame perfect to fit right into your living room.

“We’ve heard people say that antennas are ugly and they don’t want them visible inside their homes. Those complaints became our inspiration for the ClearStream VIEW™,” said Richard Schneider, president and founder of Antennas Direct. “Customize your antenna with family photos, or, hey, include a picture of me. I give you permission.”

“In the past, you’ve had to choose between an attractive TV antenna and one that works. We made it easy, so now you can have both. You shouldn’t have to choose. You deserve the best, so don’t make any sacrifices,” said Schneider.

The ClearStream View is 14.25 in x 18.75 in and fits standard 12 in x 16 photos displays nine photos with a white collage mat to include four 3.5 in x 5.0 in photos, two 3.5 in x 4.0 in photos, two 3.4 in x 3.5 in photos and one 3.5 in x 5.5 in photo. The back of the frame features unique slide-locks which allow easy access to add and replace your photos and has a convenient, built-in keyhole to hang it in a horizontal position. The ClearStream VIEW™ also comes with a USB amplifier that provides added range and maximum signal reception.

You can find the ClearStream View antenna on the Antenna DIRECT website.

20 Responses to Antenna Direct Releases a New Antenna Disguised as a Picture Frame

1. John Brewton December 11, 2017 at 2:06 pm #

Wait ….What. Brilliant. Now I can scream at pictures of my kids when I get bad signals. 🙂

2. Mark D December 11, 2017 at 2:09 pm #

Dumb my biggest complaint is the wire running down to the TV. A bluetooth wireless would be ideal.

• Me December 11, 2017 at 3:17 pm #

So do you know of a coax connector that uses bluetooth? How would that even work? Bluetooth has max bandwidth of 2 Mbps and only if you use Bluetooth 5.0

• Troy Heagy December 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm #

Like the guy below stated: Bluetooth cannot handle the 20 Mbit/s video stream. You would need Wifi.

So you would have a Broadcast ATSC tuner box to decode the signal to pure video, and then a Wifi transmitter to send it to the TV. That’s a LOT of hardware to attach to an antenna that is supposed to be non-intrusive to your decor.

3. Teddy G December 11, 2017 at 2:12 pm #

I guess the placement of this picture frame is key to hiding the cord that comes out of it XD XD 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. Ron M. December 11, 2017 at 2:20 pm #

Right, if the picture frame were placed directly adjacent to one of the side of the TV, no cord showing. I don’t know why these antennas don’t by default use white cords instead of black.

• Teddy G December 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm #

I think if they came up with tape with a flexible metal embedded along its length, perhaps one could be place it around the edge of the television. I’m not sure it would work because I’m not an engineer. For a large television, that would mean a large hidden antenna hidden right under the noses of the people watching the television.

• Me December 11, 2017 at 3:09 pm #

that’s not how antennas work. You don’t just slap some metal and go “hey this is an antenna”. Tv frequencies like all radio waves are a specific a size and you need an antenna that is optimized for those size waves.

An antenna wrapped around a Tv would essentially be a square loop antenna. Not only would that be too large for Tv signals. Even an optimized square loop doesn’t have much gain to it and being on the TV would be subject to interference.

• Troy Heagy December 11, 2017 at 6:23 pm #

> too large for Tv signals.

It depends which signals. VHF channels 2-13 range from 3 to 30 feet in size. A “matched” antenna would have the same size.

• Me December 11, 2017 at 7:08 pm #

Very few stations are on low-VHF. And an antenna optimized for low-VHF would be terrible on UHF which the vast majority of stations are. A square loop for low-VHF would have to be nearly 5 feet on each side and still only have minimal gain.

• Teddy G December 11, 2017 at 2:37 pm #

Maybe something like this. It could come in black or any other color and would look like part of the television’s trim. Then someway to connect it to the back of the television.

• Troy Heagy December 11, 2017 at 6:21 pm #

Why do you need to hide anything? There was a time (i.e. pre-1990) when EVERYBODY had an antenna sitting on or near their TV……. nobody complained. That was just the way TVs looked

• Teddy G December 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm #

CRT TVs were also large and bulky back then. But aesthetically speaking, it looks neater to have cables behind today’s modern flat televisions, out of view.

5. Ron M. December 11, 2017 at 2:27 pm #

On a side note, I’ve recently cut the cord and plan to run antenna coax inside my walls (so cords won’t show), is there a type or brand of “extra good” antenna coax to use? If I’m going to the time/trouble to “fish” cords behind the wall, I want to use the best.

• Teddy G December 11, 2017 at 2:42 pm #

Probably a shielded oxygen-free copper RG6 coaxial. Probably expensive.

• Me December 11, 2017 at 3:21 pm #

Quad shielded RG6 is fine.

• Ron M. December 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm #

Thank you!

6. Me December 11, 2017 at 3:06 pm #

50 miles my butt. Do people want “pretty” or efficient? I doubt this works much beyond 20 miles from the tower unless you happen to find the “right” location in your house and you live in a favorable area( ie not hilly between you and the tower no trees near your yard in the direction of the tower.

7. Craig W December 11, 2017 at 3:27 pm #

I am using two antennas mounted in my attic one for VHF and another for UHF. Cable runs to my preamp then to my closet mounted Tablo. NO unsightly wires and all my TV’s now receive OTA signals via my Rokus.

8. Troy Heagy December 11, 2017 at 6:24 pm #

Why do you need to hide anything? There was a time (i.e. pre-1990) when EVERYBODY had an antenna sitting on or near their TV…. and cables leading from the Antenna to the VCR and back to the set… nobody complained. That was just the way TVs looked