Happy woman at cafe using laptop

AT&T is Expanding Fiber Internet in 20 Markets & Adding 2 New Markets

Really want super fast internet? For now, fiber is the only way to get the fastest internet possible. Today AT&T announced that they are rolling out fiber in 2 new markets and expanding fiber in 20 markets they already service. The new areas that now have access to AT&T fiber internet are Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss. and Savannah Ga.

“The boundaries between work and home are collapsing,” said Eric Boyer, senior vice president – product marketing, AT&T. “Customers are using the ultra-fast speeds powered by AT&T Fiber to access remote desktops, stream entertainment, upload to social, use cloud based computing applications and more.”

AT&T says they have added fiber support to 1.5 million locations this year with plans to add 1.5 million more by the end of the year. In total AT&T offers fiber internet to 5.5 million locations across 57 metro markets in the United States. Currently, about 2 million subscribers take advantage of this internet service from AT&T.

Existing metro areas where we expanded availability today include:

• Atlanta
  • Nashville
  • Oklahoma
  • Sacramento
  • San Antonio
  • San Francisco
  • St. Louis

To see if you can get fiber internet from AT&T visit their website or give them a call.

9 Responses to AT&T is Expanding Fiber Internet in 20 Markets & Adding 2 New Markets

MacHead84 August 22, 2017 at 9:36 am #

Anyone use this, its not in my area currently but if it comes in the future…. do you like it?

Vegas Steve August 22, 2017 at 1:56 pm #

I have Centurylink fiber and it’s great (even though I think Centurylink isn’t the greatest company). 100Mbps @ $60/mo lifetime is plenty for me. Cox cable (which I had before) can’t touch it. So if you can get it at a reasonable price, I’d go for it.

yellowcup August 24, 2017 at 9:09 am #

I have it – it’s fine – nowhere NEAR the advertised speeds, and the customer service is the worst I’ve ever had. Techs have come out several times and the first one hadn’t even been told that I had fiber. That said, I’m happy with the quality. I was offered 100 mbps for $50 or 1000 mbps for $70 so I went for the 1000 at only $20 more. I don’t even get 500 mbps according to speed tests so that’s silly, but it’s more than 100.

Maelish August 22, 2017 at 9:54 am #

The problem with AT&T and their fiber service is their refusal to sell it to you. There are a lot of homes within reach of their service but they won’t sell it to you. One of the at&t techs here in Nashville said on several occasions he’d tried to get customers service but the company wouldn’t sell them service. He no idea why they are blocking gigabit install even though it was on the pole.

Evan August 22, 2017 at 10:51 am #

Fiber what 5G which does not require wires in the ground?

analyzethis August 22, 2017 at 11:35 am #

This is part of their Time-Warner merger conditions.

DonJ1973 August 22, 2017 at 2:05 pm #

No Fiber in my area yet. Still using Spectrum for my Internet.

Dana Wirth August 22, 2017 at 4:10 pm #

There is only a choice of COX or AT&T in my area even though I am just a few miles from San Diego. I just went to AT&T because COX is a bunch of thieves. I get internet for $10 a month on low income special as part of a AT&T merger deal. It is fiber and I was surprised it was available in our senior only MHP park. Service is as good as COX and I have my own Personal technician, love that…no idiot phony menus with phony typing sounds! Will see what happens in 2 years when deal is over.

Mike Thaler August 23, 2017 at 10:46 am #

One error. There is a wireless technology available in several cites (like SF area, San Diego, Boston et al) started by Webpass. They were bought out by Google a couple years ago. Only available to multi-unit bldgs. Basic service is 100Mbps up/down. They put small 24″ antenna on roof. Signal then carried by cable to phone room and fed to each unit over pair of existing phone wires. $25/mo.! You can pay for faster service. The bldg. paid a $4K install fee to start service to our 45 units.