Channel Surfing Man

AT&T Is Surveying DIRECTV NOW Users About Improvements to The Service

Channel Surfing ManAT&T wants to know what you think of its DIRECTV NOW service. Recently AT&T’s Research Team sent out surveys to random DIRECTV NOW subscribers (and subscribers of its other services) looking for feedback on how to improve the services.

This is not unusual for a service such as DIRECTV NOW because many of them do it, but it is still nice to see AT&T taking feedback from its subscribers. But this survey seems to be asking mostly if their technical problems have been fixed according to some of our readers.

Over the last few months, AT&T has poured a lot of work into its DIRECTV NOW service to improve its stability. Now it seems AT&T wants to know if its DIRECTV NOW subscribers are seeing the improvements it has worked so hard to roll out.

So have you seen any improvements in DIRECTV NOW? If you received this survey what would you say about the stability of the service and the improvements you have seen since the launch of DIRECTV NOW back in late 2016?

If you are a DIRECTV NOW subscriber you may want to check your email and spam to see if you received this survey. The emails seem almost at random so you may or may not have received one.

18 Responses to AT&T Is Surveying DIRECTV NOW Users About Improvements to The Service

1. Clark Bowman May 14, 2017 at 7:21 am #

They have improved the service immensely. But some of that was because it was almost completely unusable before. But I got the Go Big $35 deal they offered of of the gate and kind of expected some bugs, I got a free Apple TV out of the deal, and now I get about 110 channels for a very, very good price. All in all I’m happy.

2. Mich May 14, 2017 at 7:25 am #

Great price. Service has improved dramatically. All we need now is the long promised DVR and something unique, like integrating local satellite channels into the lineup.

3. George Shiflett May 14, 2017 at 9:06 am #

am waiting for them to move to Roku and android , so far no apps for them seems just fire tv has it , and it stills sometimes just boots u out for no reason , but it is getting better

• Zach Allard May 15, 2017 at 7:20 am #

They have had an Android app since day one.

4. Jason Neubauer May 14, 2017 at 10:59 am #

Really not sure how people are saying it has improved immensely. I use it on iPhone and through my amazon firestick and it always lags me and buffers especially on my firestick. Takes a good 15-20 seconds for the amazon fire app to load then takes at least 5 seconds a channel to load or switch channels. Video stops but audio plays. And of course no roku after six months still. It’s not my Net Since I have 75mbps and I have no problem with sling, netflix, etc

• Bobby Narramore May 14, 2017 at 12:59 pm #

Works 100% better with a fire tv or apple tv, and 250% better when plugged into ethernet

• Colton May 14, 2017 at 1:23 pm #

On my AppleTV plugged into Ethernet there is the same amount of lag that I had using Comcast cable TV. For the AppleTV in the bedroom using wifi there is such a small amount of lag that I hardly notice still.

• BJ May 14, 2017 at 2:47 pm #

Same here. Ethernet Gen 4 AppleTV and tons of problems. 50 mbps download

• Zach Allard May 15, 2017 at 7:22 am #

Sounds like you guys are running the gateway that comes from your internet company. A gateway is a modem/router combo that is very inefficient at performing either job. Just another way for the cable company to charge you 10 bucks a month in rental fees for crap equipment.

• Nathan John Ganiere May 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm #

nothing but problems can’t even watch it 5 minutes without it buffering in between, unusable……….at least at the beginning it worked, not any more…..

• Dan May 15, 2017 at 3:32 pm #

Do you have a first-gen Fire TV Stick? I saw significant improvements when I moved to the newer one.

• Jason Neubauer May 15, 2017 at 3:54 pm #

I believe it is. Thanks for the tip

5. REP May 14, 2017 at 11:21 am #

I wouldn’t say they improved immensely. Maybe 50% improvement from the initial launch as far as streaming. At least it work and channels did load but it is no where as efficient. They have done absolutely nothing to add or change features. No means of utilizing the extra buttons on Firetv. Comparing them to YouTube, they seems to lack experiences in streaming service. They need to add features like what Sling tv did.

6. Colton May 14, 2017 at 1:25 pm #

The service has gotten really good. In the very beginning I was having all sorts of error codes and what not. But the service is buttery smooth now and almost never any lag. If they brought DVR It would be the perfect service for my needs. And the ability to add more streams if you want.

7. Cableguy May 14, 2017 at 4:21 pm #

Live streaming works great for me on both fire tv box and stick, and Apple TV 4. If DVR isn’t added soon I’ll be tempted to jump ship to the Hulu service.

8. Jim Murphy May 14, 2017 at 5:25 pm #

I received the survey and I feel the service has improved, but from my vantage point there are still some issues.

On 1st gen FTV, Ethernet connected with 75MB down svc and IMO The live TV is about 95%.

I do have the occasional buffer/hiccup but from the technical standpoint, I can expect it and accept it.

The 72hr rewind just plain blows. I have had ZERO success with it, after about 2 minutes, audio is out of sync and nothing resolves it and I feel that is why there is no DVR as of yet.

I have not had the issues many others have had so I can say Im happy with the service, have been subscribed since day 1 and cut Cable off 29 days after signing up, saving $70+/mo

• mnsportsgeek May 15, 2017 at 5:19 pm #

I have been getting framerate drops and random quality drops every so often. It is very infrequent but enough for me to notice it.

9. Jeffrey Sterling May 14, 2017 at 8:51 pm #

I would like the real “weather channel” not the knock off version of a less local national weather channel…. Then it would be perfect.