AT&T Is Teaming Up with Jennifer Lopez to Promote DIRECTV NOW

DIRECTV NOW has seen massive growth with over 900,000 subscribers in less than a year. Now AT&T announced plans for a DIRECTV NOW Super Saturday Night the night before the Super Bowl.

Jennifer Lopez headline the DIRECTV NOW Super Saturday concert on February 3. AT&T will air the performance live for the first time ever on AT&T AUDIENCE Network and on DIRECTV NOW.

“Jennifer’s talent and accomplishments make her the perfect entertainer to star in this year’s Super Saturday Night,” said Valerie Vargas, senior vice president – Advertising and Creator Lab, AT&T. “Our goal every year is to create an unforgettable experience. We want to bring fans closer to the best entertainers with premium content and performances. And this year, we’re taking it into living rooms and mobile devices across America for the first time ever. We’ll be live-streaming on both AT&T AUDIENCE Network and DIRECTV NOW.”

This is all part of AT&T’s efforts to push their live TV streaming service DIRECTV NOW. Currently, DIRECTV NOW is in second place looking at number of subscribers behind Sling TV, who reportedly has over two million subscribers.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

11 Responses to AT&T Is Teaming Up with Jennifer Lopez to Promote DIRECTV NOW

1. Vegas Steve November 28, 2017 at 8:20 am #

Because nothing says quality streaming like… JLo?

2. Fred Koot November 28, 2017 at 8:27 am #

Who cares

3. TaiPeng November 28, 2017 at 8:54 am #

Jlo is so 2000.

4. Jack Astor November 28, 2017 at 1:42 pm #

That’s almost enough to make me cancel my subscription.

5. RubberBoloney November 28, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

DTV Now is a good concept but the product is the worst. With freezing and losing connection, it was a battle to watch anything.

• Jimmy757 November 29, 2017 at 6:59 pm #

no issues over here

6. bellsfolly November 28, 2017 at 7:20 pm #

How typical of AT&T….personally, I can’t even bring myself to even try DTVN. Having cut the cord in late 2014, after more than 15 years of DTV. And, I had already gotten shed of AT&T’s cell phone crap service, then they bought DTV!
    Nope, not happening here…and not even the incredible allure of Jennifer Lopez (sarc) will tempt me. 😛

• Jimmy757 November 29, 2017 at 6:58 pm #

im sure dtv will be just fine without your business lmao

• bellsfolly November 29, 2017 at 9:11 pm #

Yeah, you’d think that, huh? But given the dozens of stupid “please come back!” offers with $200 visa gift cards over the past 2 years, it seems as though I was the only thing keeping them afloat! 🙂 But I’m certainly not missing them…now I have more and better choices, and I’m saving a LOT of cash.

• Jimmy757 November 30, 2017 at 8:30 am #

Good 4 u an i think ur getting the two mixed up directv offers 200 dollar gift cards not dtv now streaming devices if you prepay a couple months… Btw had vue is thinking about another price hike and dropping more channels 😂😂

• bellsfolly November 30, 2017 at 7:13 pm #

No, not mixed up…I know who is sending the offers weekly, and where the money ends up: in AT&T’s pocket–it doesn’t really matter which pocket it goes into it. Whether its DTV or DTVN. You seem to be happy with DTVN, great. I was basically held captive by DTV for about 15 years–if I wanted anything besides local tv. All the while, regular price hikes.
            I’m just very glad now to be able to have choices, which companies like AT&T, Cox, Time-Warner, Comcast, et al HATE because they’ve lost their monopoly.
            For me, Vue has been the best choice…it has the channels (mostly, wish it had History, then I’d be set) and convenience of an unlimited DVR for any program you throw into your Favorites. But yeah, if Vue drops channels that are important to me, or goes up more..I will be looking around. Nice to have that option.
            It doesn’t seem like a DVR should be *that* complicated for AT&T to figure out, you know? It’s taken them this long, and still in beta….geez. I guess that $116/month they were bilking me out of has kept them from coming up with someone who can make a DVR work for them. 😉