Nvidia Shield 2

Expired: Black Friday Deal: Nvidia Shield Just $149 (Lowest Price Ever)

Today Nvidia kicked off their Black Friday deals with the Nvidia Shield starting at $149 for the remote only version or $169.99 for the version with the remote and game controller bundle.

You can find these deals on Amazon HERE.

Amazon product details:

• Connected Google Life – Access all your Google content and smart home features with Google Assistant, share your Google Photos in 4K, and cast your favorite apps to your TV with Chromecast 4K.
  • 4K HDR Powerhouse – Watch Netflix and Amazon Video in crisp 4K HDR, and YouTube, Google Play Movies & TV, and VUDU in 4K. Apps like HBO Now, Spotify, and ESPN meet all your entertainment needs.
  • NVIDIA-Powered Gaming – Cast games from your GeForce-powered PC to your TV in 4K HDR at 60 FPS. Get NVIDIA-powered cloud gaming on demand with GeForce NOW. And enjoy exclusive Android games only on SHIELD.
  • Smart Home Ready – Google Assistant lets you control your entertainment and smart home with your voice. Add SmartThings Link to wirelessly connect lights, speakers, thermostats, and much more.
  • Get YouTube Red for 3 months free – $29.97 in value. Explore uninterrupted music, ad-free videos, and exclusive original movies and shows from your favorite YouTube creators. Limited-time offer ends 12/31.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

8 Responses to Expired: Black Friday Deal: Nvidia Shield Just $149 (Lowest Price Ever)

1. DonJ1973 November 19, 2017 at 9:22 pm #

Amazing device. I bought the $169 version with the game controller and I’m loving it so far. Only trouble is the dinky internal storage space (16 GB) it runs out fast.

• Todd November 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm #

Agreed. I attached a 4TB USB drive to mine, which is more than enough for anything I need.

2. Manwell C November 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm #

We need a Pro version sale.

3. Vegas Steve November 20, 2017 at 12:13 am #

Ok, this price is more like it. However, if you are ever thinking of using the ShieldTV as a Plex server, don’t get the 16GB version. You really need the Pro for several reasons (internal storage, IR capability, & more ports).

• Michael Pedder November 20, 2017 at 11:00 am #

I would strongly second this recommendation regarding using it as a Plex server. I have the 16GB model and had difficulty specifically with the DVR recording. I would receive the message “Weak Signal” and see pauses/skips in the live stream and recordings. I added a 4TB drive and moved the “transcoder temporary directory” to that drive. This has helped but is still not optimal.

• northstar7 November 20, 2017 at 12:05 pm #

I use one of my 16GB Shields as Plex server with movies on my NAS without any space issues…but I admittedly am not a hard core user with a giant library nor do I fill my 16GB with tons of unrelated apps/games. The IR capability would be nice. I got a flirc but haven’t set it up yet.

• Vegas Steve November 20, 2017 at 4:58 pm #

Yeah, I have the 16GB and it’s serviceable, but I wish I had known it’s weaknesses before buying. Like how you ‘can’ plug in a thumbdrive, and you ‘can’ make it adopted storage, but Plex WILL NOT use it for metadata. I don’t have a giant library, but I do have a roku and it would have been nice to have the thumbnails inserted (for when you FFW/RWD), but it burns up the 16GB in a hurry.

Oh, and flirc is ‘ok’ but you won’t get TV volume capability with it.

4. rljnc1500 November 20, 2017 at 7:46 am #

Was this a one day thing? I cannot find it for that price, the lowest I see is 152.00.