Price is Right CBS

CBS Renews Their Contract With PlayStation Vue

Today it was announced that CBS and PlayStation Vue have agreed to a new contract to keep CBS owned stations and affiliates on PlayStation Vue. This deal will also keep CBS owned networks like Showtime, CBS Sports Network, CBSN and Pop on Sony’s live TV streaming service PlayStation Vue.

“We are very pleased to extend our partnership with PlayStation Vue,” Ray Hopkins, president, television networks distribution, CBS Corp., said in a statement.  “The renewal of this agreement for various CBS networks enables us to continue to bring CBS’ world-class content to the audiences we share.”

No details of the deal have been announced but CBS has said in the past that they make more money per subscriber from services like PlayStation Vue. Sony’s PlayStation Vue was one of the first live TV streaming services to offer CBS and will continue to have access to CBS properties.

The agreement includes continued carriage of CBS on PlayStation Vue in New York (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS), Chicago (WBBM), Philadelphia (KYW), Dallas (KTVT), San Francisco (KPIX), Boston (WBZ), Detroit (WWJ), Minneapolis (WCCO), Miami (WFOR), Denver (KCNC), Sacramento (KOVR), Pittsburgh (KDKA) and Baltimore (WJZ) and other markets across the country.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

7 Responses to CBS Renews Their Contract With PlayStation Vue

1. Brian @chatlegion.com January 22, 2018 at 1:53 pm #

Love my Playstation Vue service! I’ve just waiting on teh A&E network deal. It’s really the only thing it’s missing. I don’t get NBC locals in Tampa, but not missing much there.

• mnsportsgeek January 22, 2018 at 2:45 pm #

Don’t hold your breath.

2. filmex January 22, 2018 at 3:21 pm #

I would think CBS would re-up. Now that we’re having to pay Vue $10/month more due to locals being added, one imagines that $5 of that $10 is owed to CBS–“America’s #1 Network”.

3. bellsfolly January 22, 2018 at 6:02 pm #

I have had Vue for a year and a half now, and I’ve basically had a very positive experience with it. I wasn’t pleased when the “Slim” pricing went away, only to receive one local–CBS–in return for a $10 increase.
    Having tried some other services, I still do like Vue…but after the Olympics, I’m planning to jump to a combination of Sling Orange and Philo. Having just tried both, this looks to be a better value for us.

4. Larry G January 22, 2018 at 7:09 pm #

In the Greensboro, NC market, PS Vue was the first to add a local with CBS. Now, Directv Now has since added all four local channels and PS Vue still has just CBS. I prefer PS Vue, but have cancelled it and gone with DTVN. I’m hoping that by next football season that either PS Vue adds more locals or that DTVN adds the NFL Network.

5. chenriii January 23, 2018 at 11:33 am #

Mr. Bouma, I’m confused by your reference to CBSN. I’m a PlayStation Vue subscriber, and CBSN has never been a part of the Vue subscription. And it does not make sense that it would be added, since CBSN is an open free service with its own app. It does not need a subscription, so it would not make sense for it to be added to a subscription service. I have that app and I use it all the time (on my Fire TV, my Android phone and my laptop computers). Can you explain? Thanks.

6. Dean G January 23, 2018 at 12:18 pm #

I wish they would get The Smithsonian Channel from CBS as well.