Daily Show

Here Are All The Channels Philo Currently Offers

Today Viacom, Scrips, AMC, A+E, and Discovery announced a new sports free streaming service. Subscribers to this new service will get access to 35 networks for $16 a month called Philo.

Here are all the channels available in the $16 a month package:

• Destination America
  • Family Channel
  • Life
  • Logo
  • MTV Live
  • Nicktoons

The service includes an unlimited 30-day DVR, plus on-demand programming. You will be able to pause live programming and watch programs from the beginning if they’ve aired within the last three days. You will also be able to watch on up to three devices at the same time.

At launch, this new service will support web browser, Roku devices, an iOS app, and Android via Chrome.

48 Responses to Here Are All The Channels Philo Currently Offers

1. Derek November 14, 2017 at 2:16 pm #

You have BET listed in both packages. Curious to know which one does it belong to?

• Cord Cutters News November 14, 2017 at 2:17 pm #

The $4 add-on has BET Her.

• Derek November 14, 2017 at 2:18 pm #

Thanks for the update. May look at getting the initial package to compliment YouTube TV, which i love dearly.

2. mau47 November 14, 2017 at 2:23 pm #

If only this has turner networks I would drop DirecTV Now as this otherwise has every channel we want that isn’t available OTA.

3. Michael Smith November 14, 2017 at 2:36 pm #

I’m thinking of combining fubo and philo and have a better deal with them together with nfl redzone and nfl network than what I would pay DTVN without the nfl package. Seems like a no brainer now.

• Cooper McChester November 14, 2017 at 2:46 pm #

That is what is so awesome about streaming instead of cable. You have so many CHOICES now!

• Daniel November 14, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

I could combine this and the basic cable package from my ISP by a combo that puts internet and TV together and gives you double the internet speed for the same price, basically a 20 dollar savings before you even factor the discount of combining the services, which is another 7 dollar savings vs not bundled, basically the math right now is I pay 81 for internet (60 down 6 up) and 35 for DTVN for a total of 116, the combo bundle at my current internet speed would be 101 plus the 16 for this for a total 117 so basically the same price but far superior app support thanks to the basic cable package compared to what DTVN has, or I could drop to 2/3rds my internet speed and knock it down to 107 all in which would ensure covering taxes on the cable TV.

• CordCutting2017 November 16, 2017 at 12:15 am #

Here’s a tip…. you’re paying too much for internet!!!! I’m paying $41/mo with tax to Comcast/Xfinity for the same speeds (55×5). If you don’t own your own modem that might be a $10-$12/mo discount alone. Threaten to cancel and see what their retention dept offers to keep you. Or, add something and then tell them to remove HSD from your account and re-add it to the account under the new customer pricing.

When I was up for contract renewal my package pricing was going to shoot up to about $160/mo for video and internet which cemented the deal for kicking their video service out. I’ve owned my own equipment for years saving at least $40/mo between the modem and DVR fees by having my own. Even with the equipment discount they still went to an outrageous amount w/o special discounts.

4. Fred Koot November 14, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

37 channels not 35 networks

5. Duelingdragon November 14, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

Too bad no MTV Classic.

• John November 14, 2017 at 10:25 pm #

Yeah, I am a little confused as to why they didn’t add MTV Classic. They have MTV, MTV 2, MTV Live, yet no MTV Classic.

6. Cinnie Maer Crockett November 14, 2017 at 4:02 pm #

This looks quite good for the price! I will consider it when there is an Apple TV app. But, I really need the local channels, as I have an antenna which works well some of the time, but when very windy & stormy, the locals are iffy. I am going to keep my eye on this however.

• craig2web November 14, 2017 at 4:18 pm #

With any luck, once the ATSC 3.0 standard starts to get implemented, your antenna issues may disappear.

• Nathan John Ganiere November 14, 2017 at 5:24 pm #

will for a lot of people if they get the right tuner or tv that supports it…….free tv for all……

7. Mark D November 14, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

Seems ok with the type guide. Has to pass the wife test first well see.

8. Max Chaos November 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm #

I would be tempted if it had Hallmark and Hallmark Mystery.

• Sam Iamee November 14, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

Same here.

• Nathan John Ganiere November 14, 2017 at 9:03 pm #

could see those coming maybe in additional channels being added in the future…..

9. Garry November 14, 2017 at 5:47 pm #

I have Animal Planet, and History ,don’t see it on your list.

• Nathan John Ganiere November 14, 2017 at 8:56 pm #

those are the 2 networks he has missing spose to be 37

• Garry November 14, 2017 at 9:01 pm #

Isn’t that what I told him?

• Nathan John Ganiere November 14, 2017 at 9:01 pm #

or channels whatever it is for correct terminology

10. Daniel November 14, 2017 at 5:50 pm #

The package I have been waiting for since the DAY streaming TV became a reality, now just need the DEVICE SUPPORT, heck this is so cheap I could drop DirecTV Now, get a basic cable combo with my internet to get network app access to many stations (not all, as the basic package doesn’t have a few of the channels this has that I MUST HAVE) and I would have locals and news through the cable and this for HD and DVR on everything else.

11. CordCutting2017 November 14, 2017 at 7:14 pm #

Let’s face it…. this gets you 60-75% of the channels you would pay about $80/mo for through a traditional provider. Take the savings and pick up your niche channels through a provider that offers them. @ $16/mo you should be able to pick up a package with Turner (Time Warner), Sports, etc. and still keep it under $50/mo for “TV” and still have your other add ons for premium content like HBO/SHO, Netlix, etc. that you already subscribe to.

I think the fact that you can have 3 streams that are not geo-locked is a good selling point as well if you have multiple people in the home. There’s been a ton of changes in 2017 regarding content providers and there’s likely going to be some huge changes coming in 2018 if/when some of these sports rights contracts start getting defaulted on due to lack of viewership through the traditional pipelines.

Going streaming with a DVR/VOD setup takes some getting used to but, the hardest thing is still picking a primary provider in this climate of increasing options. We’re up to 2-3 incumbents now plus another 6-8 OTT providers and on top of all of that there’s a slew of options to add on as well.

12. Andy Munro November 14, 2017 at 7:19 pm #

I have it on my Roku, but I don’t see anyway of recording things in advance and using the dvr feature.

• Golfluvr13 November 15, 2017 at 9:34 am #

From what I have read in a couple of places, it is easier to log into it on Google Chrome and setup your shows you want to DVR. I do not have the service so I cannot confirm that.

13. Sam Iamee November 14, 2017 at 8:04 pm #

If you DVR an episode, can you FF through the commercials?

• Andy Munro November 14, 2017 at 9:18 pm #

14. Randy Smith November 14, 2017 at 8:51 pm #

If Fox sports ever goes a la carte i would jump to Philo from Sling in a heartbeat. This really looks like the holy grail of cord cutting that people have been waiting for.

15. SanityChecker November 14, 2017 at 9:13 pm #

They require your mobile phone number to sign up. Did I read the Privacy terms right? It seems like they have the right to sell your viewing activity to outsiders tied to your phone number. No thanks if that is the case.

• Mike Thaler November 15, 2017 at 8:22 am #

If you really want the service, you can get a free Google Voice number to use and give to this company.

• SanityChecker November 15, 2017 at 11:31 am #

Yeah I already use GVoice but might create another account under another Gmail address.

16. bellsfolly November 14, 2017 at 9:27 pm #

Apparently not working with older Roku yet? Mine is Roku 2 (2720X). Went to add the philo channel, and it failed. Ack! Ack!! 🙁

• Fred Koot November 14, 2017 at 10:52 pm #

Yeah, I did a chat with Philo. I have a first generation stick that’s not supported. Will wait for Fire tv support.

• bellsfolly November 15, 2017 at 1:08 am #

Fred, did they give you any idea of a timeframe for support for our older Roku devices? Or Fire tv?

~~Mark

• Fred Koot November 15, 2017 at 6:56 am #

No, they said Fire tv is on the list, no timeframe. I doubt they will support older Rokus

• craig2web November 15, 2017 at 7:52 am #

I think the Roku Express + is going to be on sale for Black Friday for only $22. 🙂

17. Andy Munro November 14, 2017 at 9:43 pm #

This is the price range that cutting the cord should have been in. I hope these guys clean up. I mean $16 a month ?! I hope they do really well.

• craig2web November 15, 2017 at 7:49 am #

Agreed. I would like to see them offer skinnier bundles or a full a la carte option. They only have a small handful of channels I’m actually interested in. If I could pick and choose exactly what I want for $3-$5/month, I’d definitely sign up. But most of their current standard lineup would be a waste for me.

18. David Carmichael November 15, 2017 at 12:53 am #

This new service is only missing five ‘channels’ to meet my needs! FX, FXX, Syfy, TNT, USA…

• Carl Collie November 15, 2017 at 7:43 am #

Keep dreaming, FX and FXX are owned by Fox may be sold to Disney soon. Syfy and USA are owned by NBC, and TNT is owned by Time Warner. All those companies have channels with a big sports presence so they will not be split off for their other offerings.

• John Burgess November 15, 2017 at 7:35 pm #

Combine with Sling (Blue for me). You are looking at 36-45 a month (with no sling add ons). Only thing I hate, is not getting Chiller and Fox News with this combo. With DTVN/Hulu/YouTube/PSVue I miss out on NFL Network (only “sports” I care about). Plus all of them start out 10-15 more a month….than Sling. Fubo starts at 40/month and is also an option, if I choose to pay the extra 15/month for Fox News/NFL Network/FX/FXX/FXM/SYFY/Chiller/El Rey/Hallmark/Hallmark Mysteries. Was with PSVue for 55/month

19. T-Man November 15, 2017 at 8:02 am #

The thing is, soon this way of watching TV will be history too. It won’t be about channels.. It’s all about content. The whole channel concept is done with. Whoever has the best content for the dollar wins.

20. Garry November 15, 2017 at 11:49 am #

i just completed a spreadsheet comparison of Philo to DIRECTV NOW, which is my choice after comparing to all the credible streaming services out there right now. Philo lacks any news channels, Disney channels for the grandkids, no locals (I cannot get them on an antenna here in the woods) and a few more. If DIRECTV NOW would drop the few sports channels they have (make them an add on) and keep everything else, that would be the perfect streaming service. IN MY OPINION. I think Philo as a service is very good, other streaming services should take notice. Actual UI is the best in MY OPINION. It’s the lack of some things I personally want. Otherwise good job Philo.

21. S. Mays November 15, 2017 at 4:36 pm #

This is like an all star list of all of the channels my wife watches. I might be able to talk her into switching to this from Vue. Kind of disappointed to not see Cartoon Network on there though. EVERYONE has Cartoon Network.

• CordCutting2017 November 16, 2017 at 1:45 am #

Everyone CHARGES MORE as well to carry it.

22. Jillxz December 18, 2017 at 12:28 am #

Philo doesn’t have the Hallmark channels and that is a deal breaker for me

23. Rob Robert February 4, 2018 at 8:25 am #

no syfy no cnn no thanks