Comcast is getting into the Smart TV business. Today the company announced the launch of XClass TV, a Smart TV in collaboration with Hisense that combines Hisense’s advanced television hardware with Comcast’s XClass TV operating system, the same platform that powers other Comcast devices including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, Sky Glass and Sky Q.
“We’re thrilled to bring our award-winning entertainment experience to smart TVs nationwide and for the first time offer consumers inside and outside our service areas a simple way to navigate their live and on demand content, whether streaming or cable,” said Sam Schwartz, Chief Business Development Officer, Comcast. “Hisense XClass TVs are the next products in a growing portfolio built on our flexible and scalable technology platform, bringing the best innovative products – whether that’s a streaming box or a smart TV – to each territory and customer segment.”
XClass TV features an integrated interface and voice remote so viewers can access all their favorite live and on demand streaming content from hundreds of apps and services at an affordable price. The first XClass TVs from Hisense are available this week in select Walmart stores and in the coming weeks through Walmart.com.
Key features of the XClass TV operating system include:
Simple, Fast and Smart Discovery
- Simple search and discovery gets consumers quickly to the content they want to watch, regardless of what app or service it resides in – with just a click or a voice command.
- The ability to create a personalized playlist with the My List feature, enabling consumers to save and quickly access shows or movies from across apps and services right from the homescreen or via a button on the remote.
- Convenient and seamless access to recently viewed apps, services, content, HDMI inputs, and over the air channels on the first row of the home screen to help consumers get back to their favorite entertainment faster.
- A curated interface that combines automated suggestions with editorial recommendations to help consumers discover programming from across streaming apps and services.
Universal Voice Search with Included Remote
- Comcast’s Emmy-award winning voice technology allows consumers to discover content quickly with a simple voice command, working in and out of apps to get them to content wherever they are in the experience.
- Comcast’s global voice platform supports more than 40 million commands daily in five different languages across North America and Europe.
Hundreds of Built-In Apps
- Hundreds of streaming apps and services, including Peacock, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube and more.
- Peacock Premium included for one year at no additional cost (a $50 value). Consumers will have access to current season hits from NBC and Telemundo, a library of exclusive favorites like The Office, Parks and Recreation and Yellowstone, hit Peacock originals like Dr. Death and Saved by the Bell, and live sports including Sunday Night Football, English Premier League soccer and the Winter Olympics.
- Immediate access to tens of thousands of free movies and TV shows from other ad-supported services like XUMO, Pluto, Tubi and IMDb TV – all seamlessly blended alongside their subscribed content to help them discover something new.
- In the coming months, streaming apps from Xfinity and Charter will launch on XClass TV, joining the multichannel streaming services already available on the platform including Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV and Sling TV, giving consumers more options to stream live sports, shows and news directly on the TV.