We are now just a few months away from Comcast’s new Peacock streaming service launching. Now to get ready Comcast has launched a Twitter account @PeacockTV for the new service.
Peacock, the ad and subscription supported streaming service, will launch in April 2020. Pricing details will be announced later, but we know that the content library will include The Office and Parks and Rec, two of the most-watched streaming series.
In addition to hit NBC shows, we’ll see films from Universal Pictures, Lionsgate, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and other major studios. Peacock will also have original series, along with news, sports, late-night and reality.
This is the Peacock content NBC has announced today:
- Dr. Death – based on the popular true crime podcast, starring Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater
- Battlestar Galactica – a reboot of the critically acclaimed series
- Brave New World – based on the dystopian novel by Aldous Huxley and starring Alden Ehrenreich and Demi Moore
- Angelyne – a limited series from Emmy Rossum
- One of Us Is Lying – based on the New York Times best-selling young adult mystery-thriller
- Rutherford Falls – created by Mike Schur, Ed Helms, and Sierra Teller Ornelas, and starring Ed Helms
- Straight Talk – from Rashida Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Saved by the Bell – reboot of a 90s favorite, featuring original cast members including Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez
- Punky Brewster – another reboot, starring Soleil Moon Frye as a grown-up version of her former character
- A.P Bio – a new season of the series, starring Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt
- Psych – the second movie spinoff from the long-running series
- Who Wrote That – a Saturday Night Live docuseries
- An original talk show series with Jimmy Fallon
- A weekly late night show starring Amber Ruffin
- A spinoff of The Real Housewives from Bravo
The content library will feature some of the most popular NBC and classic TV series of all time, including:
- The Office
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- Bates Motel
- Battlestar Galactica
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chrisley Knows Best
- Covert Affairs
- Downton Abbey
- Everyone Loves Raymond
- Friday Night Lights
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- King of Queens
- Married…With Children
- Royal Pains
- Saturday Night Live
- The Real Housewives
- Top Chef
- Will & Grace
Universal Pictures will be developing original films for the streaming service. DreamWorks Animation will also be developing original animated content, making the platform great for the whole family. Peacock will also offer a robust slate of critically-acclaimed films and box-office hits from Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Peacock is uniquely positioned to offer the U.S. Hispanic audience premium programming from the #1 Spanish-language network, Telemundo. The platform will feature more than 3,000 hours of Telemundo’s content, including an original dramedy Armas de Mujer, a new hit series from the makers of La Reina del Sur, and popular library titles 100 Dias Para Volver, Betty in NY, El Barón and Preso No. 1.
This is breaking news. We’ll be back with updates when we learn more.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!