We may be about to see a full refresh of the Roku 1, 2, and 3 line or it could be a new Roku 2, 3, and 4. Variety just spotted 3 new streaming players being field by Roku with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Right now we have very limited details but if I had to guess I would say we are about to see a Roku 1, 2, and 3 refresh as the description in the lineup seems to point to boxes similar to the ones listed earlier.
Key features from the FCC filing:
- 2 of the 3 boxes will have a Remote Locator something currently only the Roku 4 has
- Only 2 of the 3 boxes will have a USB port
- 2 of the boxes will have Optical Audio Out
- Only 1 of the boxes has an Ethernet port
- Only one of the boxes will have a Micro SD slot (Something currently both the Roku 2 and 3 have.)
From this data we firmly believe one of these boxes is a revamped Roku 1. (The Roku 1 is currently the oldest Roku box still for sale.) Past a revamped Roku 1 we really have no clue of what we are seeing here. I do not think we are going to see a Roku Stick as the new Roku Stick is only a few months old. It is possible we will see a new Roku 4 or Roku 5 but from what I am seeing here it looks like Roku 4 features like the find my remote are coming to the Roku 2 and Roku 3.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.