Just after Amazon announced the dates of Prime Day 2020, the online shopping retailer dropped the price of its Fire TV Recast to just $129, the lowest a 2-tuner, 500GB Recast has ever been. That’s a savings of $100 off the usual $229 price tag. This deal is for a limited time and only available to Prime Members.
The 1 TB, 4 Tuner Recast is also on a major sale if you’re looking for something with a little more oomph. You can snag this bigger capacity model for $179, down from $279.
About the Fire TV Recast DVR:
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home or on-the-go with a Fire TV, Echo Show, or compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Watch and record live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna (sold separately) like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- With 2 tuners, you can record up to 2 shows at once. Plus, store up to 75 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
- Fire TV Recast delivers the most reliable video streams over Wi-Fi of any over-the-air DVR.
See the Recast in action in our video 5 Things You Should Know About Over-The-Air DVRs.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.
Tmera studied journalism at Utah State University where her career began as Senior News Writer for the campus publication. After a few stops along the way, her love of writing and media led her to Cord Cutters News where she reports on breaking headlines, device updates, programming highlights, and more. Before joining the CCN team, Tmera worked in broadcast news, freelance writing, and radio.