Netgear Modem
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

Expired: Deal Alert: NETGEAR Cable Modem & WiFi Router Just $36.99

Right now a certified refurbished NETGEAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 with WiFi modem is just $36.99. This is a crazy good price when you consider you are paying $10 to $12 a month to rent modems like this from your cable company.

This router will work with XFINITY customers from Comcast as well as Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More.

NOTE: this router tops out at 340 Mbps down. So if you pay for a faster speed this router is not for you. Stop renting today and start saving on you modem fees!!!

You can find this modem on Amazon HERE:

Details:

• Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online. Netgear recommends to udpate the firmware for the device to be up to date.
  • DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
  • Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
  • 8×4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.
  • “Netgear Refurbished product may have a removed serial number. You will need to state the product is refurbished (state the full part number) if emailing customer support. See the attached (image) flyer to obtain the Serial Number and MAC Address information that maybe needed by your Cable provider before contacting them.”

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

13 Responses to Expired: Deal Alert: NETGEAR Cable Modem & WiFi Router Just $36.99

charles perry January 23, 2018 at 3:32 pm #

According to the Amazon page, the serial number may be erased, which means that registration may be a problem. Better to avoid this and get a new unit, which at least has a full warranty.

Me January 23, 2018 at 3:33 pm #

A) refurb

B) docsis 3.0 when most cable companies are moving to docsis 3.1

C) only 8 channels download.

D) TWC and Bright House haven’t existed for nearly 2 years. So you can tell this is old as dirt

E) router/modem combos have a reputation of always having issues. Always use separate modem, router.

waste of money

charles perry January 23, 2018 at 4:24 pm #

Not sure about your tech details, but you’re right about TWC and Bright House. Both are now Charter, which means there are only 3 cable companies covering most of the country [the others being Comcast and Spectrum]. By comparision, there are at least 6 major players in streaming [Sling, Directv Now, Hulu Live, PlayStation Vue,,YouTube and Philo].

Me January 23, 2018 at 4:26 pm #

Spectrum is Charter. and my tech details are correct

charles perry January 23, 2018 at 4:47 pm #

Ok, I’m not really a techie but I do know about corporate consumption. Didn’t know that Charter was Spectrum, which means that there are only 2 cable companies, and that if the AT&T/ Time Warner merger goes through, Directv may be bigger than both of them. As far as Netgear is concerned, all I can tell you is that my N450 has not failed me in nearly 10 months. However, I usually only 1 device at a time, occasionally 2 if i’m streaming and surfing.

charles perry January 24, 2018 at 7:15 am #

So what I was predicting has already happened? MY BAD!! In my defense, there can be a lot of outdated data on line. BTW, I’m assuming this chart doesn’t include streaming services since that is such a new technology.

Joshed January 24, 2018 at 9:55 pm #

No, I was not saying you were correct. I was showing you the top ten companies, you left out Cox, Altice, Mediacom, Wow, CableOne, and many others. You are partially correct though as Altice is rumored to be making a move on CableOne and Cox soon.

Dean G January 24, 2018 at 9:00 am #

You clearly don’t know anything on corporate consumption either.

charles perry January 24, 2018 at 10:14 am #

OK, you got me, but it doesn’t invalidate my opinion on Netgear modems. A new N450 is proably as good if not better than a refurbished N600.

streaming_in_oklahoma January 24, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

Thanks…I was actually looking seriously at this just based on the price. Pass.

CordCutting2017 January 24, 2018 at 3:13 pm #

You really shouldn’t be recommending routers.

Go here and select your provider and then there’s a list of devices for each speed tier.

streaming_in_oklahoma January 24, 2018 at 9:17 pm #

Thanks for sharing the link, good info to have