Today it was announced that DIRECTV NOW’s DVR is now live on Roku devices. Starting today the new DIRECTV NOW 2.0 app is rolling out to all current gen Roku devices.
Here is everything that is new:
- True Cloud DVR (BETA) – Twenty hours of free recording is currently available during the beta testing of the Cloud DVR feature. If you aren’t familiar with a cloud DVR, it makes it easy to record your favorite entertainment and watch it virtually anytime you want for up to 30 days. You can record an entire series or just one episode on almost all our channels. Fast forward and rewind at will. We’re working on rolling out more capacity options and features later this summer—which will let you keep more on your Cloud DVR for longer. You’ll be able to record up to 100 hours and keep it stored up to 90 days, for $10 per month.
- New Look – Find your most-watched channels and favorite programs front and center. You can even view your current stream while browsing for something that you might want to watch next.
- Expanded On Demand Content – Depending on your subscription choices, get access to more than 25,000 titles on DIRECTV NOW. New episodes on select channels will be available on-demand after airing, so you don’t have to worry about setting up a recording prior.
- Up to Three Streams at Once – Enjoy access to up to three simultaneous different streams per account. Don’t want to watch cartoons with the kids? Sick of your spouse’s love for reality TV? You can add a third stream for $5 per month.
- Local Channels on the Road – Before, you only were able to access the local networks via DIRECTV NOW at home. Now, if you want to catch local news while you travel, you’ll be able to. For example, if you watch FOX (KTTV) on DIRECTV NOW at home in Los Angeles and are traveling to Dallas, where FOX (KDFW) station is available for DIRECTV NOW customers, you’ll be able to watch KDFW during your visit.
If you still do not have the updated app you can try to force the update by running a System Update in the Roku settings.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.