CBS2

DIRECTV NOW is Adding COX owned CBS Affiliates

Today AT&T started adding more CBS affiliates to their live TV streaming service DIRECTV NOW. This time COX Media Group-owned CBS affiliates are being added.

In total Cox Media Group owns three CBS affiliates in the Seattle – Tacoma area, Dayton Ohio, and Jacksonville areas. Now it is possible not all of them will go live today but we can confirm that Seattle area CBS affiliate is now showing in the guide if you search for it thanks to some of our readers. Typically DIRECTV NOW adds a local to the guide about 24 hours before it will go live. So keep an eye on your DIRECTV NOW guide for your local CBS affiliate to go live if you live in one of these markets.

This is likely just the start of the flood of CBS locals to DIRECTV NOW. We have confirmed that Nextstar and Sinclair owned CBS affiliates are coming to DIRECTV NOW but no date has been set for when they will be added.

Right now DIRECTV NOW is in a tight race for locals with PlayStation Vue, Hulu, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and others.

We will post an update as soon as we see COX Media Group-owned CBS affiliates go live.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

8 Responses to DIRECTV NOW is Adding COX owned CBS Affiliates

1. whomeyeahme November 7, 2017 at 1:40 pm #

I see lots of posts saying xyz-owned stations are being added to cord-cutting networks, but since I don’t know who owns my location stations I always have to dig into the details (i.e. read a few more words 🙂 ) to know if it helps me. So, I did a search and found this site that tells me who owns my local stations: http://www.stationindex.com/tv/markets/houston Here is a link to the top page, for folks in other markets: http://www.stationindex.com/tv

• Lance November 7, 2017 at 4:08 pm #

This site is out of date. In my area, two are listed as part of Freedom Broadcasting which went out of business and the stations now belong to Sinclair. Two others show as Young Broadcasting, also oob, now part of Nexstar. I’ve been checking by just putting the call letters into Wikipedia (WRGB as example)

2. Nathan John Ganiere November 7, 2017 at 1:52 pm #

yeah whenever they start working on Sinclair owned CW the whole local process will be complete here in Minnesota at least for the ones they offer…..

3. JWort93 November 7, 2017 at 2:25 pm #

It’s looks like cleveland will be getting CBS (WOIO) soon as well. I’m seeing results for CBS shows in the guide area in the search results, with a subscribe icon next to them, and when you tap one of them, it mentions CBS-WOIO. WOIO is Raycom Media owned.

4. Phuq_Me November 7, 2017 at 2:46 pm #

Why my area is being avoided by DTVN I’m not sure when all the the OTT have at least 1 local.

5. REP November 7, 2017 at 6:24 pm #

Where is CW and MyTV?

• Phuq_Me November 7, 2017 at 6:31 pm #

Where is ANY locals?

6. Jennifer November 7, 2017 at 7:43 pm #

Does anyone know when Sinclair fox stations will be added. That’s the last one needed in Baltimore and we will have the four major locals.