Price is Right CBS

DIRECTV NOW Adds More CBS Affiliates & The Sportsman Channel

Late last night DIRECTV NOW quietly added several Tenga owned CBS affiliates in several markets. In total Tenga has 10 CBS affiliates across the United State. (At this time we are unsure how many of them have been added.)

DIRECTV NOW has also added The Sportsman Channel. We can confirm that it is in the Go Big package.

The Sportsman Channel was launched in 2003 and is devoted to “honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans.” The Sportsman Channel airs entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting, and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling.

Did you notice a new CBS affiliate on DIRECTV NOW? Leave us a comment and let us know what local was added. As best we can tell this will put DIRECTV NOW over 220 locals by our last count. (This could be dated we don’t have a recent count to go by.)

DIRECTV NOW recently announced that they now offer locals in overs 75% of the United States with at least 1 local and in a growing number of markets you will find multiple locals. This puts PlayStation VueYouTube TV, and DIRECTV NOW in a tight race for locals behind Hulu who now has well over 300 live locals.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

17 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Adds More CBS Affiliates & The Sportsman Channel

1. TheEnd January 10, 2018 at 8:13 am #

If anyone reading this has the answer that would be great anyone know why CW isn’t available as a local? I’m pretty sure it used to be is it because CW pulled their stuff so people would use their app?

• Rocksleeper January 10, 2018 at 8:51 am #

Local affiliates aren’t owned or operated by the CW. They just broadcast CW material. If you had the CW, and then got pulled… It is because DIRECTV NOW lost the rights to rebroadcast that local affiliate (which is not CW, but a completely different company). CW does not control when a local affiliate decides to opt into a streaming service… Or opts out.

2. Joey Roberson January 10, 2018 at 8:31 am #

WFMY, CBS Greensboro is there now.

3. Cody Benner January 10, 2018 at 9:01 am #

KTHV, CBS in Little Rock, AR is now live

4. Mark Burgess January 10, 2018 at 9:25 am #

CBS local KMOV in St. Louis was added

5. Kal January 10, 2018 at 10:35 am #

No aign of Tegna’s CBS (WUSA) here in the Washington DC market. Infuriating, since it is on almost every other service. [Of course, it doesn’t really matter, since DTVN’s streaming has become so awful I can’t watch anything. I’ve tried using Amazon, Roku, Chromecast, Android, Apple on FIOS, and it still sucks. Been this way for three weeks.)

• Andrew Lindeman January 10, 2018 at 10:53 am #

It’s been bad for me for three weeks on Fios too. Wonder if Fios is throttling DTVN since they now can…? I switched from Comcast to Fios for internet on Dec 22nd. Around Jan 1 was when I started having problems.

• Kal January 10, 2018 at 12:05 pm #

I doubt it, since Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc. are streaming fine.

• muledoggie January 11, 2018 at 8:42 am #

What app? Roku DTVN? Apple TV? Other?

• James Grayson January 10, 2018 at 12:44 pm #

The only reason that I’m still with DTVN is that I am paying $11 per month. All of the other services are much more reliable. And some offer CBS (WUSA), but not my local ABC channel. Because of CBS All Access, it better to have my local ABC channel.

• muledoggie January 11, 2018 at 8:42 am #

Might be on your end. Buffering and pixelation when streaming is caused by much more than just the service provide (DTVN). ISP, Router, Modem, and your endpoint device are all part of the formula. My DTVN works great. Very few buffering sputters during national championship Monday for example. I always wonder when people complain about problems: have you never had satellite TV? You can loose picture for 30 mins or more at a time due to weather. There is nothing that is perfect.

• Kal January 11, 2018 at 1:04 pm #

No, it’s not on my end. I’ve tried streaming DTVN now on several devices (Roku, Amazon, Chromecast, Apple, Chrome, and Android). I’ve also tried using three different networks (FIOS, Comcast, and Verizon Wireless). All other streaming services I use, including Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, CBS All Access, PBS, and others, are working fine.

DTVN had been working well for me for six months until about two weeks ago, and now it’s crap.

I’m complaining about the problem because something I’m paying for suddenly sucks. It’s that’s acceptable to you, good for you. It is not acceptable to me, and it should not be acceptable to DTVN.

6. Brian Heath January 10, 2018 at 10:36 am #

CBS affiliate WUSA9 in Washington, DC is owned by Tenga but isn’t showing up yet in the Guide.

7. Lamound Randle January 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm #

yes kthv cbs in little rock is added good job directv now.

8. wildcatmo January 11, 2018 at 8:25 am #

Just added FOX local in Wichita, KS

9. JoeRaiderXX January 12, 2018 at 1:15 pm #

I hate when these services add throw away channels. I don’t want them to have the same bloated channel lineups as cable with the same bloated prices.

10. Jared Byron January 14, 2018 at 10:41 pm #

direct tv going all ott soon