Price is Right CBS

DIRECTV NOW Adds More CBS & NBC Affiliates

Today for the first time DIRECTV NOW added a non-CBS owned and operated CBS affiliate with the addition of CBS 45 in Tulsa, Oklahoma owned by Griffin Communication. We also learned that last night DIRECTV NOW added NBC affiliate WVTM Channel 13 in Birmingham AL a Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate.

Griffin Communications owns the two largest CBS affiliates in Oklahoma including KWTV-DT Oklahoma City. It is very likely that that the CBS Oklahoma City affiliate if not live now will be live soon.

Update: We can now confirm that CBS in Oklahoma City is now live.

Hearst Television already has a few NBC affiliates live on DIRECTV NOW added last week. From the looks of it, they are continuing to slowly add more of their NBC owned affiliates around the United States. This does not mean every Hearst-owned NBC affiliate will go live today but that they will be added. Hearst Television owns 12 NBC affiliates and a host of other stations around the United States.

At the start of October DIRECTV NOW offered at least one live local in 75% of the United States. DIRECTV NOW has recently been adding many NBC and even some FOX affiliates and has likely driven that number even higher.

Earlier this year NBC struck a deal with their affiliates allowing them to negotiate with live TV services on behalf of most of their affiliates. Now it looks like we have started to see these affiliates go live on services such as Hulu and DIRECTV NOW as part of this deal.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

24 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Adds More CBS & NBC Affiliates

1. Spencer Karter November 1, 2017 at 9:04 am #

What about WYFF in my market of Greenville, SC/Asheville, NC plus WXII in North Carolina Triad DMA, and WDSU in NOLA DMA?

• Scott November 1, 2017 at 9:17 am #

Spencer, first step is to find out who owns these stations. Once we have that, easy to tell you if an agreement has been. Once agreements are inked, it could be several weeks before they go live.

• Spencer Karter November 1, 2017 at 12:54 pm #

WYFF is owned by Hearst Television!

• Scott November 1, 2017 at 2:08 pm #

Its my understanding that all Hearst owned NBC affiliates are now scheduled to go live on DIRECTV NOW any day. Many of them have already went live. The deal was signed a few weeks ago – our local Hearst owned NBC affiliate went live today. They go live as soon as they are ready, from a technical standpoint. The contractual piece is a done deal. You will receive an email on the DAY that the station goes live.

• Spencer Karter November 2, 2017 at 7:24 am #

I’ve checked DIRECTV NOW’s local channels thing, the only local channels offered in my market is rival ABC station WLOS (Sinclair Owned) since they don’t do much in-state South Carolina news, they do North Carolina news. Despite Sinclair owns WCIV in Charleston, SC, it’s not on DIRECTV NOW in that market either.

• tbird2252 November 1, 2017 at 12:48 pm #

WXII (NBC) been on DTVN for a month now…

2. Scott November 1, 2017 at 9:11 am #

I can confirm that NBC local is now live on DIRECTV NOW in Birmingham, Alabama. WVTM 13, owned by Hearst. The deal was inked several weeks ago and the feed was lit today.

• David Jones November 1, 2017 at 3:04 pm #

It’s about time Birmingham started to show up on these “added local channel” lists. If PS Vue doesn’t pick one up in the next month, I’m dropping it before the price increase kicks in.

• November 1, 2017 at 4:35 pm #

Yep, long time coming. For a while now we’ve been one of the only top 50 DMA markets with less than 3 local nets on ANY streaming provider. First was ABC 33/40 on DIRECTV NOW, then came YouTube TV with NBC 13 and FOX 6. Fox 6 should be added to DIRECTV NOW any day now. Deal is signed.
        I had PSVue for a while. Really loved it. Everything except no local channels and the blind FF/RW. But the DVR was by far the best of any service I’ve tried, including Hulu’s with Live TV.

• David Jones November 2, 2017 at 9:30 am #

I didn’t realize YouTube TV already had a couple. I didn’t really look at them since we’re mostly consuming TV via Roku. It looks like YouTube TV is finally headed to Roku, so I might need to take another look. Thanks for the info.

3. Robert November 1, 2017 at 9:41 am #

What about Atlanta, GA WGCL-TV (CBS 46) owned by Meredith Corporation? This is the only live local missing for Directv Now in the metro area.

4. Michael Pedder November 1, 2017 at 10:01 am #

I have confirmed that CBS affiliate KWTV-DT Oklahoma City is live on DIRECTV NOW. With KOCO ABC already live I hope to see KFOR NBC and FOX KOKH in the near future.

Thank you for these updates.

• November 1, 2017 at 2:37 pm #

Thanks. I’ve added KWTV to the spreadsheet. Watching for KFOR and KOKH.

• Michael Pedder November 9, 2017 at 10:27 am #

KOKH Fox 25 went live in Oklahoma City Nov. 8. I received an email and confirmed in the app.

5. REP November 1, 2017 at 11:51 am #

What about CW and MyTV? What happened to those channels?

• Respected Citizen November 2, 2017 at 12:05 am #

CW shows are in all DTVN’s subscribers’ on demand section, I believe. DirecTV Now has DC’s MyNet affiliate, because it’s owned by FOX.

6. Phuq_Me November 1, 2017 at 12:51 pm #

and sill nothing for Nashville. It be funny if it was so sad.

7. Robin Carmack November 1, 2017 at 1:41 pm #

I don’t see the standoff with WRAL ending any time soon so I am thankful for my antenna…lol

• Spencer Karter November 2, 2017 at 7:22 am #

8. Vegas Steve November 1, 2017 at 3:06 pm #

Do people really want this sort of piecemeal OTA availability? It seems so fragmented that it’s next to worthless. Yeah, if you’re in one of ‘those cities’ that has all the OTA channels, I can maybe see it, but why would others want to subsidize them?

• November 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm #

Outside of over the air access via antenna, all local channel access follows this same progression. Satellite and cable went through same. Local channels are mostly independently owned by media companies who make, collectively over $8 billion annually from retransmission contracts with cable, satellite and now OTT providers.

• Spencer Karter November 2, 2017 at 7:21 am #

Not all Over-The-Air TV Signals are created equal unless you’re in a bad reception area.

• Respected Citizen November 2, 2017 at 12:01 am #

Some people don’t watch every network. All I watch on ABC and NBC is sports.

I don’t watch CBS, which is the one station I’m missing on DTV Now, but it’s available on CBS All-Access.

9. AJ2 November 1, 2017 at 3:32 pm #

Just got email about addition of POP network