THE X-FILES: L-R: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in the "Home Again" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2016 Fox Broadcasting Co. Cr: Ed Araquel/FOX
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

DIRECTV NOW Adds More Local Channels

DIRECTV NOW has once again been quietly adding more local channels. Just over a week ago DIRECTV NOW added 14 new FOX affiliates. This time it is adding MyNetworkTV to its lineups in several markets.

MyNetworkTV, also known as MyTV, is owned by 21st Century Fox and was created after the UPN shut down and was replaced by the CW. It’s currently available in over 200 affiliates across the United States. Typically you can find it as a sub channel on many local FOX affiliates across the United States.

Here is the full lineup of MyNetworkTV stations that DIRECTV NOW added yesterday as supplied to Cord Cutters News by AT&T.

My50 WPWR-TV Chicago, IL
KTVU Plus KICU-TV San Francisco – Oakland – San Jose, CA
My9 WWOR-TV New York, NY
KCOP My13 KCOP-TV Los Angeles, CA
My27 KDFI Dallas – Ft. Worth, TX
my20dc WDCA Washington, DC (Hagerstown, MD)
my20 KTXH Houston, TX
My29 WFTC Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
My45 KUTP Phoenix, AZ
my65-WRBW WRBW Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL
MyTV12 WMYT-TV Charlotte, NC

The lineup is made of a mixture of FOX-owned shows such as The X-Files and syndicated shows such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. MyNetworkTV brings a wide range of shows and movies to markets across the United States.

Hopefully DIRECTV NOW will continue to roll-out new local channels.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

21 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Adds More Local Channels

Paul Cernech May 2, 2017 at 10:28 am #

Who now MYtv is NOT really a local channel is national network that does not carry local broadcasts…wtf?

mnsportsgeek May 2, 2017 at 11:48 am #

They play local broadcasts in Minneapolis. This is a welcome addition for me.

Paul Cernech May 2, 2017 at 11:52 am #

Curious what type of local broadcasts? News? Sports?

mnsportsgeek May 2, 2017 at 11:56 am #

There is 1 local show that airs weeknights. I never watch it and I’m not sure what it is about, but the local MLS team is the main piece of content they have. I’ve also seen Big 12 football games on occasion.

Other than that it is mostly Judge Judy, the Simpsons reruns, etc.

Paul Cernech May 2, 2017 at 11:59 am #

Interesting Sporting KC is on local wb channel here. I know they have to do the local e/I stuff like all ota ch but that’s all I’m aware of

Nathan John Ganiere May 2, 2017 at 4:06 pm #

Anger Management is on their in evenings too………in Minneapolis…….I think sometimes Big Bang Theory too………

Troy Heagy May 5, 2017 at 4:24 pm #

You are correct that MyNetworkTV only programs 2 hours a day. The other 22 hours are programmed by the local channel….. mine shows local news, lots of talk show, plus some reruns like Big Bang Theory.

Richard smith May 2, 2017 at 12:36 pm #

I often see local sports on my 65

Willem Kraal May 2, 2017 at 12:45 pm #

What is still missing is CBS.

mau47 May 2, 2017 at 1:19 pm #

If the screenshots posted last week in the Apple App store are any indication both CBS and CW are coming as well as being able to customize order of channels in the guide.

Sunny Rain May 2, 2017 at 2:24 pm #

It doesn’t mean anything. They’ve always included CBS even before they launched the service. It was always listed in the 72-hour rewind list and other lists even after confirming that they don’t have CBS. Just a way to mislead customers.

mau47 May 2, 2017 at 2:47 pm #

Looks like The CW has already started rolling out for people.

Sunny Rain May 2, 2017 at 3:39 pm #

No, they haven’t rolled out CW yet. They don’t have any deal and CW is definitely more difficult to get. Whoever said they have CW, they probably don’t know what they’re talking about. Or they probably just saw the image on DirecTV Now app and assumed they have CW.

mnsportsgeek May 2, 2017 at 3:55 pm #

It is starting to pop up in some locations.

Sunny Rain May 2, 2017 at 4:06 pm #

The OP said they heard from a chat agent. AT&T support reps have proven to be pretty clueless about the additions. And the 11 affiliates added are actually the ones for MyNetwork TV. It’s easy to confuse with CW for them because when WB and UPN became CW, some of the affiliates refused to join CW and became MyNetworkTV. Those are the ones added.

Also, the agents were saying they’re added in O&O CW markets, yet no one in the O&O markets has CW.

Xero May 2, 2017 at 11:10 pm #

it’s up for me (chicago)

Richard smith May 3, 2017 at 6:40 am #

Has anyone actually watched any CW programming? Its probably blacked out.

Xero May 3, 2017 at 10:48 am #

It works fine, not blacked out or anything.

Sunny Rain May 3, 2017 at 8:17 am #

So, you’re able to watch CW on DTVNow? Do they also have shows like The Flash and Supergirl on Demand?

Xero May 3, 2017 at 10:47 am #

Yes and there’s nothing from CW on demand

REP May 2, 2017 at 8:11 pm #

I wonder how they determine which market gets what. It seems to be random. I don’t get myTV in Sacramento.