Teenager girl with remote control laying down and watching tv eating popcorn.
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

DIRECTV NOW Adds Support For More Apps

Teenager girl with remote control laying down and watching tv eating popcorn.It has been a busy few weeks for AT&T’s live TV streaming service DIRECTV NOW. Twice DIRECTV NOW has expanded its list of local channels available on DIRECTV NOW. Now it has added more apps to its lineup.

Here are the new apps DIRECTV NOW added:

• BET
  • CMT
  • Comedy Central
  • LOGO
  • MTV
  • Nick
  • Nick Jr.
  • Spike
  • TV Land
  • VH1

Here are the apps it already had access to with DIRECTV NOW login:

• ABC
  • BTN2GO(Big Ten)
  • Bravo Now
  • Disney
  • Disney Jr.
  • Disney XD
  • E! Now
  • ESPN(WatchESPN)
  • FOX Now
  • Freeform
  • FX Now
  • HBO GO(requires premium subscription to HBO)
  • MAX GO(requires premium subscription to Cinemax)
  • MSNBC Now
  • NatGeo(currently unavailable on Apple iOS)
  • NBC Universo Now
  • NBC Golf
  • NBC Sports
  • Oxygen Now
  • Sprout Now
  • Syfy Now
  • Telemundo Now
  • USA NOW

Remember: If you have AT&T wireless and do not want DIRECTV NOW streaming to count against your data cap (if you have one) you will need to use the DIRECTV NOW app. Using apps such as WatchESPN or BTN2GO (Big 10 Network) will count against any data usage.

Access to these apps often gives you access to even more on-demand content than you get from DIRECTV NOW. This makes these apps very popular with many cord cutters.

If you want to see what channels are available in what DIRECTV NOW package, check out our full breakdown HERE.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

23 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Adds Support For More Apps

Craig May 2, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

It’s now May and DirecTV NOW for Roku and even Android TV still hasn’t launched. Ya just kinda wanna sit back and LMAO! This is AT&T/DirecTV! A mega-corporation for crap-sake! Wow! Hahahahahaha! Just WOW!

mau47 May 2, 2017 at 5:32 pm #

Doesn’t help the Roku owners or possibly even most Android TV users but the app launches tomorrow for LeEco Android TV sets, not sure if this means other Android TV users will get it as well.

Craig May 2, 2017 at 5:56 pm #

How do you know it launches tomorrow?

mau47 May 2, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

Go to the link it specifically says May 3 in the “How do I stream DIRECTV NOW to my LeEco TV?” section

Craig May 2, 2017 at 6:02 pm #

Yep! I see it. Looks like they’re simply having owners of those sets go to the Google Play Store to download the app. It might very well be made available for all Android TV’s then. But if not? It’ll probably be much easier to obtain the APK and sideload it onto the Nvidia Shield and Xiaomi Mi Box.

Bill Eastman May 6, 2017 at 8:19 am #

While there is no official AndroidTV app yet, there is one Abdroid devs moded from the FireTV apk. I really don’t expect an official AndroidTV until the Roku version is released.

Phishn May 10, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

Quite frankly I’m not anticipating anything great in a Roku app, like most Roku apps. Perfectly happy and impressed with my Amazon Fire TV Stick for DirecTV NOW. Of course I’m in IT so I know what I’m doing. 99% of the people complaining have landline telephones. That should tell you something.

Craig May 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm #

I wonder if DirecTV desires the app on Roku to look and function the exact same way as it does on the Fire TV & Apple TV and that’s causing the delay in release?

Sunny Rain May 2, 2017 at 6:25 pm #

Does anyone know if DirecTV Now improved their On Demand content? Like do they have all the broadcast shows on Demand and do the episodes appear the day after they air like PS Vue? If they’ve improved their On Demand, I might consider coming back because I miss Viacom.

John Mpls May 3, 2017 at 9:47 am #

I can only speak to a couple of shows I watch on AMC and FX, the new episodes seem to show up a week after they air live. That isn’t a big deal for FX as we can sign into their network app. No app sign in for AMC yet.

Joe Gillum May 2, 2017 at 6:25 pm #

On Demand is an area where DirecTV Now is somewhat lacking. But, I have Hulu and Amazon Prime, so, no problem.

Sunny Rain May 2, 2017 at 6:26 pm #

I guess this answers my question about On Demand being still a problem.

mnsportsgeek May 2, 2017 at 6:54 pm #

Thanks for the new apps and locals! This service keeps getting better every week. I have little doubt that on demand and DVR will get sorted out. In the meantime, the $35 lifetime promo can’t be beat.

Richard smith May 3, 2017 at 8:36 am #

Lifetime promo lol

mnsportsgeek May 3, 2017 at 8:58 am #

Sad. You missed out on the deal, didn’t you?

Richard smith May 3, 2017 at 9:48 am #

No, I cancelled after I received my free Apple tv. Where does that price will be forever?

Bobby Narramore May 8, 2017 at 6:59 pm #

They have always said customers on this promo will retain their introductory prices as long as they dont cancel or change their tier, except for price increases due to network increases. No one expects to be paying $35 in 10 years, but how I understand it is there is a $5 increase across the board, intro prices go up $5.

Gust May 2, 2017 at 8:07 pm #

How about apps for CNN go, Fox News, HGTV, Food network, AMC, TCM?

Brandon May 2, 2017 at 8:39 pm #

This is great. But they really need to support single sign on with AppleTV/iOS. It’s a pain to enter these credentials for each app. And with most apps each time the app updates it erases your credentials and you need to start all over. I don’t have time to keep doing that.

jmikec May 3, 2017 at 8:25 am #

You left Fox Sports Go off your list of available apps on DirecTV Now.

mickey4727 May 3, 2017 at 4:43 pm #

Nice … I’m finding that I like the app access as much or more than using the guide. Apple TV aggregates app content in one spot, so it’s easier to subscribe to shows and keep track of content. I’m digging it. Plus I’ve noticed that my DirecTV Now image quality is downright awesome lately.

Thomas L May 3, 2017 at 10:00 pm #

Does anyone know if the $5/mo for Premium channels is a limited time after you sign up for Directv Now?

Pen Guin May 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm #

Pony up the $100 and buy an AppleTV dude.