Family watching TV and eating popcorn

DIRECTV NOW Adds Two New Channels

Last week AT&T’s live TV streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, announced that it is adding two new networks.

These networks are One America News Network (OAN), a cable news channel, and A Wealth of Entertainment (AWE).

“We are pleased to have reached an agreement with DIRECTV that will enable One America News Network and AWE to join the DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW programming lineup,” said Charles Herring, president of Herring Networks, Inc.

About These Channels (As described by the channel owners.)

One America News Network (OAN) is a reliable source of credible news reporting offering 21 hours of live news coverage every weekday plus two one-hour political talk shows, The Daily Ledger and Tipping Point with Liz Wheeler.

AWE (A Wealth of Entertainment) focuses on inspiring shows about travel destinations, outrageous cars, culinary delights, amazing homes, plus live world championship boxing, health and fitness, and more. AWE’s all inviting and vicarious living programming lineup is family friendly, aspirational, and has broad consumer appeal.

These channels seem to be replacing several NBCUniversal channels that have been shut down in recent months, but if you are looking for a different news option than the traditional cable TV networks you now have a new one to pick from on DIRECTV NOW.

Update: It seems these channels will be added in the next few weeks.

21 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Adds Two New Channels

1. Zoe McDonald April 11, 2017 at 8:24 am #

“reliable source of credible news reporting”

LMFAO… it’s a right wing propaganda machine. No legitimate news source has to point out that it’s credible. Only right wing propaganda sites do this. Just stick with Breitbart, Fox News, WND or any of the other garbage brainwashing sources.

2. mau47 April 11, 2017 at 8:36 am #

I’d much rather they spend the money used on these garbage channels on getting CBS or CW (preferably both). These are the only two channels I watch that DTVN doesn’t have and none of the other services have smaller holes in the lineup for me.

• _JASON_ April 11, 2017 at 9:24 am #

I fully agree with both CBS and CW. CBS must be a pain to work with or are demanding a lot to allow streaming. I know YouTube TV has CBS and allows access to all of their shows on demand. The addition of CBS to DirecTV now would be attractive to consumers who are worried about cutting the cord.
      I’m still really enjoy DirecTV now but with YouTube TV having the unlimited DVR and giving me access to shows I want to watch I’m seriously considering making the switch. I mean it’s Google, what can’t they do and what can’t they offer in the future? There’s no question that eventually they’ll have everything I need. The only question is at what cost?

• Bill Eastman April 11, 2017 at 12:24 pm #

CW has therr own app with no credentials required the day after the show airs. It is OTA just as CBS so i can stream them using Tablo.

• BenH_76 April 11, 2017 at 10:35 am #

OAN is actually an awesome channel if you like conservative leaning news. Better than Fox News imo.

• Swannie April 11, 2017 at 11:35 am #

I love it…No more Shep Smith and the liberal talking heads!!! I am hooked. No more Fox ..this is 100% improvement! I have been begging for a conservative News network…and we got it!! (And this is what Fox gets for not listening to the viewers to get Shep Smith off) Fox your ratings are going to CRASH.

3. K.C. Hartman April 11, 2017 at 11:13 am #

OAN is awesome! I am very happy to get it as part of the Directv Now package. This “locks me in” to using this service now. Love it!

4. Swannie April 11, 2017 at 11:35 am #

Swannie BenH_76 • a minute ago
    OAN rocks!! I love it…No more Shep Smith and the liberal talking heads!!! I am hooked. No more Fox ..this is 100% improvement! I have been begging for a conservative News network…and we got it!! (And this is what Fox gets for not listening to the viewers to get Shep Smith off) Fox your ratings are going to CRASH

• Richard H. Rahl April 11, 2017 at 7:08 pm #

Exactly. Leftist news sources, even considering Fox News’s presence, still outnumber non-leftist.

We need more news sources that speak up for the rights of the whole people instead of just the few ruling elites.

• BrianH1972 April 11, 2017 at 11:18 pm #

Why the hate for Shep Smith? FOX News has one anchor that is willing to challenge both the left and right and we want to demand his removal from the network? News consumption is supposed to give us information about unfolding events, not affirm our already preconditioned positions.

I have grown bored with FOX News, except for Tucker’s show which is must-see tv.

5. AstroMonster April 11, 2017 at 11:36 am #

DirecTV Now has come a long way. If they got my RSN (CSN Philly and TCN Philly) and maybe The CW & CBS, it would become the goto for me. Vue still #1 for me right now

I have Hulu Plus so a DVR, while nice, isn’t the main focus for me anymore.

• TheDrunkenClam April 11, 2017 at 1:26 pm #

If DVR isn’t the main focus, then channel-wise, Now has Vue beat by a long shot.

• AstroMonster April 11, 2017 at 2:45 pm #

Yes, and I do have DirecTV Now (as well as free trials on YouTube TV and FuboTV) and love the selection.

Vue has CBS Philly and CSN Philly, though.

I had Vue and DTVNow up until about 2 months, then Now was stable enough to turn off Vue.

But overall, I still like the interface of Vue better

• Scott Spillers April 12, 2017 at 9:06 am #

Who watches TV live anymore?

6. Bill Eastman April 11, 2017 at 12:07 pm #

Not yet on my DIRECTV NOW Go Big channel guide.

7. CityBoy April 11, 2017 at 11:43 pm #

DTVNow please add NESN so we can watch Red Sox in New England 🙂

8. DynoSauR April 12, 2017 at 6:23 am #

We could have had The Blaze TV channel though.

9. AstroMonster April 12, 2017 at 5:46 pm #

Just went and looked at AWE’s web page, doesn’t seem to be a very impressive channel at all. Reminds me of some of the garbage filler channels you see on Sling TV

10. tbird2252 May 15, 2017 at 3:37 pm #

As of May 15 NO OAN on Directv Now…Any updates???

11. Dialogos68 July 24, 2017 at 6:29 am #

OAN is the only real News Network left!!!!!They don’t push the same lies that all the rest of the Left Wing fake news networks do….

12. ryanzb111 January 13, 2018 at 7:39 am #

I am so happy I switched to DirecTV NOW.