Happy young woman watching television on sofa
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

Here Are The DirecTV NOW Channels That Offer On Demand Content

Happy young woman watching television on sofaHere are the DirecTV NOW Channels That Offer Video On Demand

• A&E
  • USA Network
  • VH1
  • Viceland
  • WE tv
  • Weather Channel
  • WGN America

Now here is a warning, it seems almost random what shows they offer. Some times you will get episodes 1, 2, 3, and 5 but not episode 4 for some popular shows. Also for example ESPN and ESPNU have on demand content but not ESPN 2. So if it is not on the list they do not have it.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

18 Responses to Here Are The DirecTV NOW Channels That Offer On Demand Content

Neil Stapley November 30, 2016 at 12:21 pm #

The VOD content is piss poor compared to sling. Ok the channel line up is good for the price but what is the point if I can’t watch 90% the content. ATT have totally missed the point.

Scott Lewis November 30, 2016 at 12:43 pm #

On Demand that’s several weeks old is to me, as good as not having on demand. Especially when the local network coverage is sparse and there’s no DVR. And the price is good… for now… when that temporary $35 for 100 channels price goes away, it’s going to be rather expensive.

Neil Stapley November 30, 2016 at 12:57 pm #

I believe we are on the same page. Lets hope Hulu will do a better job.

Matt November 30, 2016 at 6:48 pm #

They should’ve said it’s a beta and not an official release. Aside from the lack of VOD, the interface also needs some work, it’s buggy, navigation is a bit awkward and error messages pop up randomly. It’s the first day so some things are to be expected. Hopefully they’ll make improvements in the days to come or I see a lot of people canceling before the trial ends.

Robert Schwartz November 30, 2016 at 12:43 pm #

VOD Content selection is MUCH LESS than Sling!!! After I get my streaming stick its Adios! Sling and Vue are MUCH better!

GoGo As November 30, 2016 at 2:26 pm #

I agree. The VOD selection is not nearly as good as Sling. While they have a pretty good line-up, I need on-demand or a DVR to watch some shows. In the case of DirectTV their VOD is outdated and they have no DVR. With Sling adding a DVR, this just isn’t a value for me.

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey November 30, 2016 at 2:51 pm #

Neil Stapley, Scott Lewis, and GoGo As, you all sound like paid shills of Sling. You guys wouldn’t also happen to be working for the Russian government, would you?

Neil Stapley November 30, 2016 at 6:29 pm #

Says the paid shill from ATT rest assured I am not. Its a disapointing product stop being a moron and open your eyes. ATT have missed a great oppotunity to develeop something great I was ready to jump ship this morning right upto the point I actually signed up and saw the offering.

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey November 30, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

LOL. Paid shill? A service that I just started using for not even a full day? That’s funny. Then when you start calling people names shows just what maturity level, or lack thereof, you are at. And lets not forget all the incorrect pricing you’re throwing around trying to promote Sling. I actually used Sling and it’s garbage.

Neil Stapley November 30, 2016 at 7:23 pm #

Good for you enjoy.

JJ November 30, 2016 at 9:15 pm #

“when you start calling people names”

Pot. Kettle. Black.

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey December 1, 2016 at 7:23 am #

Hey JJ, show me anywhere where I called anyone a name and YOU will find NOTHING. Care to try? You WILL fail.

FREETELEVISION December 1, 2016 at 9:34 am #

You have posted 8,046 comments on DISQUS. You not a paid shill, just no life looks like.

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey December 1, 2016 at 9:52 am #

Coming from a guy whose chosen nickname is FREETELEVISION speaks volumes of a person with NO LIFE.

FREETELEVISION December 1, 2016 at 10:27 am #

I have been a cord cutter for 12 years. FREETELEVISION, Inc. is full name. You now have 8,048 comments harassing people with your nonsensical comments.

preferred user April 16, 2017 at 11:36 am #

Dish TV is HD lite and it is over compressed bit starved and downrezzed rubbish.

I suffered with Dish TV HD lite for 6 years and was pleasantly surprised with a decent HDTV picture that wasn’t OTA broadcast or Blu Ray or IPTV streaming for my 4K HDR Sony XBR TV and the other 4 TV here when I moved to ATT/DirecTV last yr.

GoGo As December 5, 2016 at 7:27 am #

Nope I don’t work for SlingTV or any of the other services. Just giving my honest opinion to date of the service. I am sure DirectTV will improve over time, but currently they aren’t there yet. I will say that I was a DirecTV sat customer for years and they always seems to offer a great deal at the begining, but prices increse a lot over time. It’s good that the service doesn’t come with a contract currently so people can run away if they increse the price.

Chris K. November 30, 2016 at 6:59 pm #

What about Nick and Nick Jr? We switched from PSVue to Sling after PSVue lost Viacom, but Sling’s VOD options for Nick shows are a joke (around one episode per show that my kids watch).