DIRECTV NOW Roku 2

DIRECTV NOW Finally Officially Adds the Sportsman Channel

Yesterday, weeks after the Sportsman Channel was added, it was finally officially added to DIRECTV NOW. We first reported that The Sportsman Channel was added a few weeks ago, but only yesterday was it made official.

“We are excited to continue to add growth in all areas of our programming and content distribution,” Outdoor Sportsman Group President and CEO, Jim Liberatore said. “This is another example of how Outdoor Sportsman Group—and its networks including Sportsman Channel—continue to adapt and grow within the ever-changing media landscape. Distributors understand our programming has a distinct appeal and are not only adding our networks in high-definition (HD) but also including them in their emerging technology platforms.”

As best we can tell DIRECTV NOW is the first service to carry the Sportsman Channel, giving them one more exclusive to their lineup.

The Sportsman Channel was launched in 2003 and is devoted to “honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans.” They air entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting, and fishing and they illustrate it through unique and authentic storytelling.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

13 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Finally Officially Adds the Sportsman Channel

1. Jason F. Perry January 23, 2018 at 9:20 am #

I started reading the headline of this article and there for a brief moment I thought it was going to say: DIRECTV Now Finally Officially Adds DVR.” – and I started getting super excited just to have my hopes dashed again. Man, if I wanted disappointments like that I would just start dating again.

• Hussain Alsanona January 23, 2018 at 9:35 am #

Same here. I thought about DVR but it’s about channel that probably won’t watch that often.

• TechSupport January 23, 2018 at 1:00 pm #

DTVN is so screwed up. No DVR in a year. Also I don’t know if they are doing it now but they were giving away Roku devices even though they will not be releasing DVR or the new app to Roku. I know I know it will come “LATER”. With DTVN later means much later maybe even years later.

• wildcatmo January 24, 2018 at 8:37 am #

The DTVN DVR is useless, I can’t record anything.

2. Edward B January 23, 2018 at 11:41 am #

Yet another channel I will never watch.
    I would rather see ESPN Classic or Fox Soccer Plus(as long as it wasn’t an added cost).
    Still waiting on NFL Network.

3. TechSupport January 23, 2018 at 12:57 pm #

In one year there is still no DVR but at least users have the sportsman channel.

4. drummerguy123 January 23, 2018 at 3:26 pm #

don’t care. i would rather have my CBS, NBC, and CW locals for Indianapolis. the only reason I still have dtvn is because i got in on the beginning and still pay only $35 for what is now the $70 package.

• James Grayson January 23, 2018 at 5:51 pm #

I agree! I pay $10 for the $35 package and I can get the $70 package for $35, because I have ATT unlimited choice wireless plan

5. kingRidiculous January 23, 2018 at 5:50 pm #

MAVTV is the big miss for me with DTVN.

6. Shawn Stuckey January 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm #

They have a way to go. You can add all the channels in the world, all the features in the world, and the best price in the world but it will do no good unless you FIX THE LAG AND BUFFERING ISSUE!

7. K_Dot January 24, 2018 at 12:15 am #

How about they start working on getting little to no buffer like PS Vue?!

8. Mark January 24, 2018 at 4:53 am #

I’m sure some (read, very few) will be quite excited. Me, not so much.

9. James Grayson January 24, 2018 at 4:23 pm #

The Sportsman channel is in my guide, but if I click on the channel I get an error message.