DIRECTV NOW Roku 2
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

DIRECTV NOW is Now Available on More Roku Devices

To the joy of many Roku owners AT&T today updated their Roku Channel to include support for more devices. Back in June when DIRECTV NOW came to Roku it only supported the following devices:

• Roku Streaming Stick (2016)
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere +
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku 4
  • Roku 3
  • Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • 4K Roku TVs

Now we can confirm that HD TCL Roku TVs now support DIRECTV NOW. We are also hearing reports of other devices being added. Is your Roku now supported but not listed above? Leave us a comment and let us know.

Update: we can now confirm that it looks like all Roku TVs now support DIRECTV NOW including Insignia Roku TVs.

The best part is you can still get in on the FREE month of DIRECTV NOW.

If you sign up for DIRECTV NOW through a Roku player, you can get a free month of DIRECTV NOW. Be careful, because you need to follow the instructions on your Roku screen carefully to get the one-month free trial. If you don’t follow them you will only get the standard free week.

TERMS OF OFFER

1-MONTH FREE DIRECTV NOW: Req’s promo code; redeem by 8/31/17 or it expires. New subscribers only. Roku users only. Cancel before end of trial or service renews monthly (currently min. $35/mo.), billed to your payment method on file. Pricing, channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Limit 1 code per account. Not combinable with select offers. GENERAL: Compatible device & browser req’d. Residential customers only. Avail. in the U.S. only (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands). Live Sports & Local Channels: Limited availability. Channels vary by package & billing region. Device may need to be in billing region in order to view. Cancellation: View, modify or cancel at any time at directvnow.com. Once canceled you can access DIRECTV NOW through the remaining monthly period. No refunds or credits for any partial-month periods or unwatched content. Limit: 2 concurrent streams per account. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Taxes may apply.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

14 Responses to DIRECTV NOW is Now Available on More Roku Devices

Sigmund (*The Deplorable) August 1, 2017 at 5:02 pm #

Thanks for the heads up Luke! It is now on my TCL 32″ 720p Roku TV. It’s been on my 4K TCL for some time. Now I can finally watch DIRECTV Now in the bedroom ? It’s also on my Roku 2 …..

Michael W August 1, 2017 at 6:13 pm #

XBOX One?

Elvis Black August 1, 2017 at 7:36 pm #

Wooo hooo my TLC HDTV now has it.

Gregory August 1, 2017 at 7:41 pm #

Finally!!! My 3 Roku TVs finally have it! Thank you! Now, make me a beta tester for DVR and I’ll be truly happy!!!

Motha Lov August 1, 2017 at 8:10 pm #

I signed up for Directv Now and was only able to access the 7 day free trial. It appears that my roku player model# 2500X is not on the list of roku players that’s supported.

BrianH1972 August 1, 2017 at 8:26 pm #

Any idea as to why DTVNow live chat icon is missing? First no phone support and now no chat link. Pathetic.

Dorian Bustillos August 1, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

Yep, haier roku tv finally has the app. Directv now is great I got the grandfathered $35 a month plan and now I share it with my gf. They only need to add support for more 1080p channels, Maybe 4k as well

Jimmy Sterling August 1, 2017 at 11:53 pm #

I’ve had Dtv now since launch so I have it for 35 a month I have 3 Roku tcl TV’s I have been waiting for this for months I’m so happy

JGaLaXY August 2, 2017 at 10:44 am #

directv now needs to figure out what theyre doing about football quickly approaching lol they gonna lose a good amount of those subscribers…

Peter Schott August 2, 2017 at 12:49 pm #

Trying it out to see how it works. So far, not too impressed. The 72 hour playback is _extremely_ limited. There’s no DVR. On-Demand is a bit lacking, and not sure if I want/need a local CBS provider or not. I appreciate that it works on the Roku and seems to work without too much trouble, but not sure this is worth a monthly payment to me at this point. Will have to compare to PSVue or Sling. I’d compare to YoutubeTV as it just opened up in the area, but no Roku support for that makes it a pretty useless service.

I appreciate the one month free, though. Just wish it were more full-featured.

rich g August 2, 2017 at 3:22 pm #

i am really struggling with which android tv box to buy , every review says they are the best.

Kravimir August 2, 2017 at 3:51 pm #

Yeah, if you’re looking for one under $150 it’s not an easy answer. Otherwise Nvidia Shield seems like an obvious choice. (Note: Nvidia Shield is the only Android TV box for which the Amazon Video app is available.)

If I was to get one in the near future, I’d probably get Sling’s AirTV (and turn off the autostart of the AirTV app). My criteria are more than one USB port and an ethernet port. However, there certainly seems like a lack of comparative reviews around for Android TV boxes.

georgeshiflett August 5, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

don’t buy a ROKU i have three better off getting a fire tv box you can do quite a bit more with a android box than u can with ROKU

john262 August 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm #

I just tried it and I still can’t get it on my Roku 1.