DIRECTV NOW Roku 2

DIRECTV NOW Sees Strong Growth in 3rd Quarter 2017

Yesterday AT&T filed its 3rd quarter 2017 numbers with the Securities and Exchange Commission—something all publicly traded companies are required to do.

From these numbers, we now know that once again DIRECTV NOW is the bright spot in the AT&T TV lineup. In the 3rd quarter of 2017 DIRECTV NOW added 300,000 new customers, which is a huge jump! At the end of the 2nd quarter 2017 DIRECTV NOW had just 491,000 total subscribers.

Overall AT&T lost 90,000 US video subscribers if you count DIRECTV and U-Verse TV customers. A loss that would have been much higher if it was not for DIRECTV NOW.

It looks like AT&T plans to push hard into DIRECTV NOW with a new DVR and app, and it has also announced plans to add 4K streaming.

In addition, AT&T has been slowly but steadily adding more local markets. Just this week it started rolling out more NBC affiliates. A few weeks ago it announced plans to add 40 new local affiliates in the coming weeks.

So while other TV services may be losing subscribers, DIRECTV NOW clearly is front and center in the mind of AT&T.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

10 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Sees Strong Growth in 3rd Quarter 2017

1. Fred Koot October 12, 2017 at 8:00 am #

What are real customers? I wouldn’t consider unlimited cell data $10 Now customers real.

• JGaLaXY October 12, 2017 at 8:59 am #

yeah that could be reason for huge inflation, ive had DTV Now for 5 months now and becoming less and less impressed lol. Channels taking forever to load, no DVR, NO CBS or FOX in Pittsburgh, NO NFL Network

• MacHead84 October 12, 2017 at 9:48 am #

My experience…..Channels load quickly (especially after the new update) No locals but I have antenna so dont care….and NFL Network is overhyped, college football is 10 times more fun than the NFL

• JGaLaXY October 12, 2017 at 9:57 am #

update for apple tv or the app?

• MacHead84 October 12, 2017 at 10:00 am #

the app on apple tv and iphone

• Axtell71 October 15, 2017 at 12:09 am #

Why wouldn’t you? Those are subs. What is a “real” customer to you?

• Fred Koot October 15, 2017 at 7:43 am #

Would they have subscribed at full price? I doubt it.

2. CatinMaine October 12, 2017 at 11:22 am #

Tried Directv Now for 2 months. The one local I had (I live in central Maine) went nutty. The channel became unwatchable due to the sound. DirectN never fixed the problem. I waited two weeks and the FOX local sound continued to be so choppy you couldn’t understand anyone. Finally cancelled yesterday.

• BloodLust October 12, 2017 at 7:00 pm #

That’s a shame, I’ve had it since the beginning. The early months where horrible, However over the course of 2017 it’s been a pretty decent service. Much happier spending $35/month for more channels then I was paying $120/month for before. I don’t care about DVR so that means nothing to me. I’ve had Sling and Vue and will say in my opinion neither compare for the price and quality of service.

3. Axtell71 October 15, 2017 at 12:10 am #

I would suspect a number of those cancelling their Uverse and DTV accounts are subscribing to DTVNOW.