DIRECTV NOW Has Started to Add More NBC Affiliates

It looks like DIRECTV NOW has once again started to add more NBC affiliates. Now they are not live yet but in several Tegna owned NBC markets are starting to show up in DIRECT NOW’s search. Typically this starts happening about 24 to 48 hours before the channels go live.

In total Tenga owns 18 NBC affiliates across the United States. Now that does not mean all of them will be added as recently DIRECTV NOW has been rolling out affiliates as they are ready vs waiting till all of them are ready.

If you want to see if NBC is being added in your market you go into your DIRECTV NOW app and search for an NBC show. If it is being added you will see it show up in your search and it will ask you to subscribe. Don’t worry they will be added to your current subscription once the live stream is ready to go live.

This is the second time this month that DIRECTV NOW has added more affiliates. Earlier this month AT&T officially announced that they added more ABC, FOX, and NBC affiliates. AT&T did state that they plan to add 40 more locals from ABC, NBC, and FOX but at this time they have not listed what markets will see new local affiliates added.

If you find a local that is being added please leave us a comment and let us know what you found.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

25 Responses to DIRECTV NOW Has Started to Add More NBC Affiliates

1. Scott October 11, 2017 at 2:56 pm #

Luke, when you link to DirectvNow on stories about local channel additions, it would be helpful if at least one of the links were directed to the local channel lookup. I understand you have to pay for the site with the affiliate referral links.

• Cord Cutters News October 11, 2017 at 3:45 pm #

Don’t waist your time with that. Its weeks out of date typically. Use the search trick I talked about in the post for finding out if locals are being added in your area.

• Nathan John Ganiere October 11, 2017 at 3:54 pm #

simply searching for NBC should pop up NBC Nightly News as unsubscribed if a person is getting a new NBC local……..

• Jennifer October 11, 2017 at 5:53 pm #

Is there any news for Hearst stations

• Phuq_Me October 11, 2017 at 9:47 pm #

How can you use your trick if you don’t have the service?

• Brian October 11, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

Isn’t this article about DirecTV Now and not DirecTV Satellite service? JS

• Scott October 11, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

If you follow the link, you’ll see that the DirectvNow local channel lookup tool is hosted on the domain. Same company.

2. Nathan John Ganiere October 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm #

Looks like KARE 11 in Minneapolis is one of them coming soon, I just did a search and NBC stuff shows as not subscribed, sort of like the same happened with ABC and CBS, probably have it later this evening or tomorrow, good times here in Minnesota!!!

• mnsportsgeek October 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm #

Woot woot! The rollout is complete in MSP!

• Nathan John Ganiere October 11, 2017 at 10:39 pm #

yeah I’m thinking finally should be able to watch Sunday Night Football in DTVN rather than the NBC Sports app come Sunday………

• Tl October 12, 2017 at 7:11 am #

Finally! I have been begging for 11….

• Mugley October 12, 2017 at 8:05 am #

I live in Minneapolis and Kare 11 isn’t showing up in my guide yet. Do you guys have it listed yet?

• Nathan John Ganiere October 12, 2017 at 10:16 am #

not yet, just know it’s coming I had to guess would say Friday maybe…….the ground work is there, NBC Nightly News shows up unsubscribed and you click on it says NBC – KARE 11

• Nathan John Ganiere October 12, 2017 at 11:51 pm #

should be there now showed up about the time for 10 PM news…….

3. timmonssc October 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm #

Looks like KPNX 12 Phoenix might be coming soon (finally!).

• Nathan John Ganiere October 11, 2017 at 4:21 pm #

yeah this is the last of the big 4 and we’ll have them all, only thing missing would be CW in Minneapolis but to me that’s fine as the shows I watch are in the free app anyhow, I don’t make a habit of watching CW even when I did have cable tv………

4. Dave King October 11, 2017 at 4:29 pm #

I’m still waiting for Cbs and the Cw. I have all my locals with my antenna but would be nice if they were on the app too, that way you wouldn’t have to switch over, not too big of a deal but would be convent.

5. Tony Flores October 11, 2017 at 6:44 pm #

I can see KSDK in St Louis coming as well….hmm I’m still grandfathered in to Elite Slim on PSVue, plus I like the DVR. I wonder if CBS in St Louis is coming as well, soon

6. Dan_Braden October 11, 2017 at 9:18 pm #

The NBC local Houston news and national Today show has appeared in the search results for over a week but haven’t gone live. I agree that it appears that it is coming but may take longer than 24 – 48 hours.

7. Phuq_Me October 11, 2017 at 9:45 pm #

Keep hearing this myth that DirecTv now has locals but all I get is “We are sorry we do not carry these local channels in your area yet.” Hulu Live, Playstation Vue and even YouTube Tv all have at least one local.

8. ict2aus October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm #

I’m able to see NBC episodes in OnDemand (even watch them, well at least the new Will and Grace) but my affiliate is owned by Nexstar Media Group – Austin,TX

9. Brandon October 12, 2017 at 8:33 pm #

Portland Oregon confirmed live today!!

10. AJ2 October 12, 2017 at 10:27 pm #

I just saw WXIA in Atlanta on the DTVN app. They do such a poor job of letting customers know when they add channels. Their chat customer service is awful. Each rep promises to follow up & escalate & you never hear back. I read they’re beta testing a DVR with some customers. It really needs it but Atlanta is almost there with the big o&o cities soon. We’ve got ABC, NBC, FOX now. Just waiting for CBS & CW.

11. Steve L October 12, 2017 at 11:55 pm #

WNYT (NBC) – Albany/Schenectady/Troy, NY

12. Aaron Quevedo October 13, 2017 at 1:47 am #

WCNC in Charlotte has been added