Today DIRECTV NOW updated their website and added their new DVR. Well, the apps have yet to be updated the DIRECTVNOW.com website now includes the ability to access the DVR. Hopefully, the apps will soon also be updated.
Update: DIRECTV NOW just officially announced the new DIRECTV NOW app, DVR, & More. You can learn more HERE.
Here is everything new according to their help page:
- True Cloud DVRBETA including 20 hours of recording storage per month
- An option to add a third simultaneous stream for $5/month
- Access to local channels when traveling out of market
- Bookmarks (formerly Watchlist) to ‘pin’ shows for easy access later
- Improved navigation, search options & more
What is interesting to note is for now they still call it a Beta and there is no mention in the help section of buying more DVR storage.
According to a new help page here are the devices that the DVR is now supported on:
- Apple iOS 10+
- Apple TV (4th gen & higher running tvOS 10+)
- Chromecast (2nd gen & higher for iOS)
- Chromecast Built-in TV (Select models only)
New directvnow.com watch experience on:
- Google Chrome browser
- Safari browser
- Android OS (5.0 OS & higher)
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen & higher )
- Chromecast (2nd gen for Android OS)
- Roku devices
Hopefully, DIRECTV NOW rolls up the DVR to other devices shortly.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.