Disney announced today that Disney+ has launched in eight more countries, expanding the streaming service’s global footprint to Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Luxembourg, and Iceland.
Here are the prices for each of the countries:
- €6.99/€69.99 in Portugal, Belgium, Finland, Iceland, and Luxembourg
- 69 NOK/689 NOK in Norway
- 69 SEK/689 in Sweden
- 59 DKK/589 DKK in Denmark
As with previous European launches, Disney+ will release episodes of The Mandalorian weekly in the eight countries, with the first two episodes available at launch. Viewers will also have access to a wide range of content from Disney’s brands which include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
“We have surpassed 60.5 million paid subscribers globally, and today we continue our international expansion with the launch of Disney+ in eight countries,” said Rebecca Campbell, Chairman of Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International. “As a major force in the global direct-to-consumer space we’re bringing high-quality, optimistic storytelling that you expect from our brands to even more people.”
Subscribers from Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Luxembourg, and Iceland will be able to watch Disney+ on the following devices:
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app)
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices, except for Iceland and Greenland)
- Amazon (Fire TV devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire Tablets in Luxembourg only).
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Jess Barnes attended Edinboro University and spent years working in nonprofit before taking up freelance writing in 2012. Jess has been working for Cord Cutters News since 2017.