We’re only a month away from the launch of Disney+ and many Disney fans are already signing up for their subscriptions. Here’s an updated look at all the details we have about the upcoming streaming service.
When will it launch?
Disney+ will launch on November 12, 2019.
How much will it cost?
Disney+ will cost $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year. We now know that Disney+ will offer a 7 day free trial for anyone who wants to test the service out before paying.
The service can be purchased on its own or as an add-on to a Hulu account. The new streaming service will also be available as part of a bundle. For $12.99/month you’ll get Disney+, Hulu with limited ads, and ESPN+.
Disney has also been offering discounts for those who prepay for a 3 year subscription. These offers are always for a limited time only, so be sure to keep an eye out for new deals as they come up.
What devices will Disney+ work on?
Here are all the devices Disney+ will support at launch.
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase);
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation®4 and all Android based Sony TVs);
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
Will Disney+ have ads?
Disney+ will be 100% ad-free.
What features will Disney+ include?
Disney+ will support offline viewing by offering unlimited downloads for TV shows and movies. 4K HDR content will also be available.
This family friendly streaming service will offer profiles for all members of the family, including profiles for kids that limit what content they can access.
What content will Disney+ include?
Thanks to viewers in The Netherlands who have been trying out Disney+ ahead of its full launch, we have a much better idea of what content we’ll see on the streaming service. You can find the full list, originally shared by Attractions Magazine, in this post.
Here are some of the highlights:
- The entire Disney Vault will be available on Disney+.
- All of Star Wars will live on Disney+ within a year of the streaming service’s launch.
- The Disney+ library will include Over 5,000 episodes of Disney Channel and Disney Junior content and Disney original movies of the past.
- Disney+ will have the entire Pixar library available to stream within the first year.
- The library will also include 30 seasons of The Simpsons. (However, Family Guy and American Dad will not be included in the content library.)
- The Muppets are coming to Disney+ in shorts and other content.
There are many exclusive originals coming to Disney+ as well. The Star Wars franchise will be back with The Mandalorian and Clone Wars. Marvel has many new movies and series, including WandaVision, Loki, What If…?, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Look for new Pixar content like Monsters at Work, and content from Disney including Timmy Failure and the Christmas movie Noelle.
In this post you’ll find more info about original content coming to Disney+.
Along with existing and original content, Disney+ will be adding bonus content. If you like getting behind the scenes looks at how your favorite movies were made, you’re in luck. Disney+ will include many of the DVD and Blu Ray Extras that are usually missing when streaming content.
Where can I learn more?
The Disney+ website has a spot to enter your email address and get updates leading up to the launch on November 12. You can also sign up now and start streaming as soon as Disney+ launches.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.