Roku is delivering more free content to viewers this month, with a slate of new movies, shows, and original content coming to The Roku Channel. Highlights include the Will Smith romcom Hitch, the original Space Jam, and Chrissy Teigen laying down the law in a second season of the Roku Original Chrissy’s Court.
Here’s everything coming to The Roku Channel this month.
- Fury – A grizzled tank commander makes tough decisions as he and his crew fight their way across Germany in April 1945.
- The Count of Monte Cristo – A young man, falsely imprisoned by his jealous “friend”, escapes and uses a hidden treasure to exact his revenge.
- Three Kings – In the aftermath of the Persian Gulf War, four soldiers set out to steal gold that was stolen from Kuwait, but they discover people who desperately need their help.
- Sucker Punch – A young girl institutionalized by her abusive stepfather retreats to an alternative reality as a coping strategy and envisions a plan to help her escape.
- Eyes Wide Shut – A Manhattan doctor embarks on a bizarre, night-long odyssey after his wife’s admission of unfulfilled longing.
- Evita – The hit musical based on the life of Eva Perón (Evita Duarte), a B-picture Argentinian actress who eventually became the wife of Argentinian president Juan Domingo Perón, and the most beloved and hated woman in Argentina.
- The Pelican Brief – A law student uncovers a conspiracy, putting herself and others in danger.
- Outbreak – Army doctors struggle to find a cure for a deadly virus spreading throughout a California town that was brought to America by an African monkey.
- Soul Surfer – Teenage surfer Bethany Hamilton overcomes the odds and her own fears of returning to the water after losing her left arm in a shark attack.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood – After years of mother-daughter tension, Siddalee receives a scrapbook detailing the wild adventures of the “Ya-Yas”, her mother’s girlhood friends.
- Hitch – A smooth-talking man falls for a hardened columnist while helping a shy accountant woo a beautiful heiress.
- S. I love You – A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.
- As Good as it Gets – A single mother and waitress, a misanthropic author, and a gay artist form an unlikely friendship after the artist is assaulted in a robbery.
- Four Christmases – A couple struggles to visit all four of their divorced parents on Christmas.
- Wild Hogs – A group of suburban biker wannabes looking for adventure hit the open road, but get more than they bargained for when they encounter a New Mexico gang called the Del Fuegos.
- What a Girl Wants – An American teenager learns that her father is a wealthy British politician running for office. Although she is eager to find him, she realizes it could cause a scandal and cost him the election.
- White Chicks – Two disgraced FBI agents go way undercover in an effort to protect hotel heiresses the Wilson sisters from a kidnapping plot.
- Observe and Report – Bi-polar mall security guard Ronnie Barnhardt is called into action to stop a flasher from turning shopper’s paradise into his personal peep show. But when Barnhardt can’t bring the culprit to justice, a surly police detective is recruited to close the case.
- T. The Extra-Terrestrial – A troubled child summons the courage to help a friendly alien escape from Earth and return to his home planet.
- Space Jam – In a desperate attempt to win a basketball match and earn their freedom, the Looney Tunes seek the aid of retired basketball champion, Michael Jordan.
- My Girl – A young girl on the threshold of her teen years finds her life turning upside down when she is accompanied by an unlikely friend.
- Akeelah and the Bee (Fully Exclusive) – A young girl from South Los Angeles tries to make it to the National Spelling Bee.
- Malcolm in the Middle – A gifted young teen tries to survive life with his dimwitted, dysfunctional family.
- Friday Night Lights – A drama that follows the lives of the Dillon Panthers, one of the nation’s best high school football teams, and their head coach Eric Taylor.
- Love & War – A comedy about a woman running a bar/restaurant in New York City while maintaining a tempestuous romance with an egotistical opinion columnist. Other comedic elements include the bar’s regular patrons, the restaurant’s chef, and a neurotic waitress waiting for her husband to get out of prison.
- Crash – A spin-off of the Oscar-winning film about racial tensions in Los Angeles.
- Natural Born Narco – Chronicles the origins of notorious real-life drug lord Amado Carrillo Fuentes, inspired in the acclaimed telenovela.
- Chrissy’s Court (S2) – Chrissy Teigen becomes an actual courtroom judge handling real cases with real people and legally binding decisions.