The Roku Channel has given its content library another update. This month, the free streaming service is adding a slate of action titles including Keanu Reeves’ life of crime as John Wick and a list of comedies like Meet the Parents series, plus a few more Roku Originals.
Here’s everything new on The Roku Channel this month.
- John Wick – An ex-hit-man comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that killed his dog and took everything from him.
- John Wick: Chapter 2 – After returning to the criminal underworld to repay a debt, John Wick discovers that a large bounty has been put on his life.
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – John Wick is on the run after killing a member of the international assassins’ guild, and with a $14 million price tag on his head, he is the target of hit men and women everywhere.
- The Hulk – Bruce Banner, a scientist on the run from the U.S. Government, must find a cure for the monster he turns into whenever he loses his temper.
- Anna – Beneath Anna Poliatova’s striking beauty lies a secret that will unleash her indelible strength and skill to become one of the world’s most feared government assassins.
- Salt – A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy.
- Desperate Riders – A loner and a female sharpshooter must save a boy’s mother from a ruthless outlaw.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines – A machine from a post-apocalyptic future travels back in time to protect a man and a woman from an advanced robotic assassin to ensure they both survive a nuclear attack.
- Terminator Salvation – In 2018, a mysterious new weapon in the war against the machines, half-human and half-machine, comes to John Connor on the eve of a resistance attack on Skynet. But whose side is he on, and can he be trusted?
- Law Abiding Citizen – A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family’s killers free.
- The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby – One couple’s story as they try to reclaim the life and love they once knew and pick up the pieces of a past that may be too far gone.
- American Gangster – An outcast New York City cop is charged with bringing down Harlem drug lord Frank Lucas, whose real life inspired this partly biographical film.
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – A struggling salesman takes custody of his son as he’s poised to begin a life-changing professional career.
- Meet the Fockers – All hell breaks loose when the Byrnes family meets the Focker family for the first time.
- Meet the Parents – Male nurse Greg Focker meets his girlfriend’s parents before proposing, but her suspicious father is every date’s worst nightmare.
- Little Fockers – Family-patriarch Jack Byrnes wants to appoint a successor. Does his son-in-law, the male nurse Greg Focker, have what it takes?
- You Don’t Mess with the Zohan – An Israeli Special Forces Soldier fakes his death so he can re-emerge in New York City as a hair stylist.
- Kindergarten Cop – A tough cop must pose as a kindergarten teacher in order to locate a dangerous criminal’s ex-wife, who may hold the key to putting him behind bars.
- Burn After Reading – A disk containing mysterious information from a CIA agent ends up in the hands of two unscrupulous and daft gym employees who attempt to sell it.
- The Watch (2012) – Four men who form a neighborhood watch group as a way to get out of their day-to-day family routines find themselves defending the Earth from an alien invasion.
- Never Been Kissed – A newspaper reporter enrolls in high school as part of research for a story.
- While You Were Sleeping – A hopelessly romantic Chicago Transit Authority token collector is mistaken for the fiancée of a coma patient.
Kids & Family
- The Sandlot – In the summer of 1962, a new kid in town is taken under the wing of a young baseball prodigy and his rowdy team, resulting in many adventures.
- Gnomeo & Juliet – Separated by a garden fence and a feud, are blue gnomes on one side and red gnomes on the other. This doesn’t stop blue Gnomeo and red Juliet from falling in love with each other. Do they have a future together?
- The Book of Life – Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears.
- Rookie of the Year – When an accident miraculously gives a boy an incredibly powerful pitching arm, he becomes a major league pitcher for the Chicago Cubs.
- A Simple Favor – Stephanie is a single mother with a parenting vlog who befriends Emily, a secretive upper-class woman who has a child at the same elementary school. When Emily goes missing, Stephanie takes it upon herself to investigate.
- Arachnophobia – A species of South American killer spider hitches a lift to the U.S. in a coffin and starts to breed and kill.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) – Flighty teenage girl Buffy Summers learns that she is her generation’s destined battler of vampires.
- Young Rock (10/4) – A look at the formative years of superstar Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as he grows up through life.
- This Old House – The host guides various participants as they repair and renovate various houses.
- Ask This Old House – Tom Silva, Richard Trethewey, Roger Cook and host Kevin O’Connor, the experts of Ask This Old House, travel the country making house calls in order to answer homeowner questions and everyday home improvement projects.
- Martha Gardens (10/14) – With it’s acres of gardens, pastures, orchards, greenhouses, and animals, Martha Stewart’s Bedford Farm serves as the backdrop for her gardening lessons and tips.
- Milk Street’s Cooking School (10/28) – Christopher Kimball seeks to inspire home cooks to try new techniques, ingredients, and tools.
- Milk Street’s My Family Recipe (10/28) – With a combination of historical context and modern culinary know-how, chefs Christopher Kimball and Cheryl Day help home cooks recreate lost or forgotten cherished family recipes.