So here is our speed test of the Fire TV 3 vs the Fire Stick 2:
Here are some details from the 3rd gen Fire TV’s Amazon listing:
- All-new Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and HDR support in a compact and portable form factor.
- Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps, HDR, and Dolby Atmos audio.
- Enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills with access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Use your voice to easily find, launch, and control content with your Alexa Voice Remote or pair Fire TV with an Echo device for hands-free content control.
- Do more with Alexa by playing music, ordering a pizza, and controlling compatible lights and other smart home devices—just ask.
- Prime membership unlocks thousands of movies and TV episodes, including Thursday Night Football, Amazon Original Series, Amazon Channels, and ad-free listening to millions of songs with Prime Music.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Use an HD antenna to get free broadcast networks like NBC and PBS or watch live TV and sports with subscriptions to Hulu, PlayStation Vue, and Sling TV.
- Simply plug into an HDTV and start streaming in minutes. With an ultra-fast processor and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, you can rely on smooth and responsive performance.
So should you upgrade to the 3rd gen Fire TV?
YES! The 3rd gen Fire TV is a huge step up from the 2nd gen Fire Stick. Not only is it faster but you also get 4K HDR support. There is no question about this I would spend the money to upgrade to the 3rd gen Fire TV.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.