Last week I got my hands on the Fire TV Stick 4K. This is the newest Fire TV from Amazon and replaced the 3rd Gen Fire TV in the lineup. After our first review showing the new 4K Stick is far more powerful than the Fire TV Pendant, many readers asked Cord Cutters News how the Fire TV 2nd Gen Box compared to the Fire TV Stick 4K. Today we take a look at how the new Fire TV Stick 4K stands up against the Fire TV 2nd Gen Box.
Here is our full review:
A few quick thoughts:
The Fire TV 2nd Gen Box is slightly faster but not fast enough to justify buying it over the new Fire TV Stick 4K if you are looking for a new Fire TV. If you have a TV that can take advantage of Dolby Vision HDR I would upgrade to the new Fire TV Stick 4K. If not I would stick with your 2nd Gen Fire TV Box as there is nothing on the Fire TV Stick other than the Dolby Vision HDR.
If all you want is the new Fire TV Remote you can buy that remote for $29.99 and add it to your current Fire TV.
More about the Fire TV Stick 4K:
- The most powerful 4K streaming media stick with a new Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming, with more storage for apps and games than any other 4K streaming media stick.
- Launch and control all your favorite movies and TV shows with the next-gen Alexa Voice Remote. New power, volume, and mute buttons to control your TV, sound bar, and receiver.
- Enjoy brilliant picture and immersive sound with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Atmos.
- Choose from 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and others.
- Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus millions of websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Alexa on Fire TV provides the most comprehensive voice experience of any streaming media player—view live camera feeds, check the weather, dim the lights, and stream music.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV episodes, plus ad-free listening to millions of songs with Prime Music.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch live TV and sports with subscriptions to Hulu, PlayStation Vue, and Sling TV.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.