Cheerful family having popcorn while watching television at home

fuboTV Just Rolled Out a Long List of New Features

Yesterday the live TV streaming service, fuboTV, rolled out a long list of new features. Many of the features are ones that fuboTV subscribers have been asking for, and now they are available.

First, fuboTV updated their guide to include six days’ worth of guide data. Now you can schedule recordings six days in to the future.

Second, you will also find that if you tap on the TV channel icon you will find on-demand content from that channel for easier navigation.

Third, fuboTV has added the ability to pause, rewind, and fast-forward live TV. As long as you stay on the channel, you can rewind to the point you first started to stream the channel.

Fourth, fuboTV has updated their DVR. Now even if you start DVRing a program that has already started, it will save the full program even if you didn’t start recording until more than halfway through the show.

Currently these new features are available on the Apple TV. (App update is required.) Other devices should see these new features rolled out in the future. At this time fuboTV has not listed a timeline for Roku or Fire TV updates.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

9 Responses to fuboTV Just Rolled Out a Long List of New Features

1. John January 11, 2018 at 10:49 am #

That DVR feature has been in there for a long time. I have recorded shows/movies that were already playing a number of times in the past.

I still want the feature of being able to record whole seasons instead of having to click record each week.

• James Webb January 11, 2018 at 12:05 pm #

Sounds nice…They seem a lot further along than Directv now.

• Fg January 11, 2018 at 12:27 pm #

Not really. No series recording available. Not as many channels. It is good for the sports it offers, but is still lacking in that area.

2. Edward B January 11, 2018 at 12:25 pm #

Yeah Direct TV Now is asleep as far as new features are concerned. It is far behind everyone else(even the smaller streaming services).

• J_Grouchy January 11, 2018 at 1:27 pm #

DTVN has all the channels I want…so if they’d just get off their asses and make the DVR widely available, I’ll finally cut the freaking cord!

• Edward B January 11, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

I have already decided that I will be dropping Direct TV in April. Keeping Spectrum and I already have Direct TV Now. I will miss the Direct TV DVR but it’s too costly and the main reason I had it was the NFL and looks like there will be more viewing options next season.

• J_Grouchy January 11, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

Tell me about it. I have DirecTV and pay over $100 a month. At one point it got up to over $125/month until I called to scale it back. Right now I’m still on equipment that is 5 1/2 years old because I refuse to upgrade and be obligated for another two years…so right now I’m just holding out for that DVR feature and I’ll switch immediately. It’ll be nice to get that ugly satellite dish off my roof.

• Edward B January 11, 2018 at 5:14 pm #

I have been paying roughly 250 dollars a month but I get all the sports packages. I finally figured I could just watch MLB on MLB.TV and the NHL on NHL.TV. Not sure the options with the NBA and the NFL will probably have cheaper options than Sunday Ticket.
            Since I also have Spectrum also,I could call them both and see you wants to drop the most their monthly price .
            Another thing about Direct TV is why isn’t Direct TV Now free with a subscription to Direct TV. That is being beyond cheap.
            Charter Spectrum has just about all their channels streaming and I get it for free(not sure you has to pay for it and who doesn’t) but I do get all the movie channels and it’s really nice to have since Spectrum’s DVR only can record two show’s at a time and if it’s tied up recording then you just switch to their streaming channel.
            Keeping Spectrum would make more sense because I would eliminate one bill.

3. FranchisePlayer January 12, 2018 at 1:40 pm #

All this is great but it’s still too expensive for what you get.