FilmRise is making it easy for you to stream holiday content for free this season, so you can save your money for meaningful gifts and experiences with family and friends. If you’re in the mood for a little mystery, check out FilmRise’s True Crime Holiday Marathon, Christmas-themed episodes of Forensic Files, plus Classic TV episodes, family titles and more.
Holiday Magic Weekends on FilmRise Family (12/3-1/2 Weekly)
Streaming free on The Roku Channel, IMDb TV, Redbox Free Live TV, VIZIO WatchFree+ and TiVo+
Embrace the magic of the holidays with seasonal classics and thrilling fantasy adventures for five weekends in a row!
Featured Titles Throughout the Month:
- THE CANTERVILLE GHOST (1996) When an American family moves into a haunted mansion in England, the family’s teenage daughter could be the key in fulfilling a prophecy and finally set the house’s ghost free. Starring Patrick Stewart and Neve Campbell.
- A CHILD’S CHRISTMAS IN WALES (1987) Young Thomas is disappointed because it’s raining on Christmas Eve. But his spirits are soon lifted by his grandfather, who gives him a snow globe and recounts his own childhood Christmas memories. Starring Denholm Elliot.
- BORROWED HEARTS (1997) Sam Field, a single, powerful businessman is about to close the biggest deal of his career with industrialist Javier Del Campo, a self-proclaimed family man. Problem is, Sam prefers freedom to fatherhood. To impress Javier during his holiday visit, Sam convinces single mom Kathleen and her daughter, Zoey, to pose as his family for cash Kathleen desperately needs. With a little Christmas magic, Sam learns to open his heart to the best gifts of all: love and family. Starring Eric McCormack, Roma Downey and Hector Elizondo.
- THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR (2008) Corporate analyst and single mom, Jen, tackles Christmas with a business-like approach until her uncle arrives with a handsome stranger in town. Starring Henry Winkler.
25 Years of Forensic Files: The Greatest Cases (12/3 – 12/5, 12/30-12/31)
Streaming free on The Roku Channel US & CA, IMDb TV US, Redbox Free Live TV US, XUMO, Samsung TV Plus US & CA and VIZIO WatchFree+ US
Our celebration of the 25th anniversary of Forensic Files concludes a binge-worthy marathon of the most shocking cases ever aired — plus a brand-new, never-before-seen anniversary special.
- Forensic Files: A Special Tribute
- Celebrate one of TV’s most successful series with new and never-before-seen interviews, exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, “how we did it” walkthroughs of challenging murder scene recreations, and more in this hour long tribute.
- Plus some of the greatest cases on Forensic Files, including:
- EP101 “The Disappearance of Helle Crafts” (1996) A Connecticut flight attendant went missing and was never seen again. Police suspected her husband was guilty of murder and they were able to prove it – even though they never found the woman’s body.
- EP718 “A Bitter Pill to Swallow” (2002) A 33-year old woman meets, falls in love with, and marries a successful young doctor, but an unusual amount of discomfort during her pregnancy arouses her suspicions, prompting a personal investigation that culminates in a startling revelation.
- EP1104 “Sunday’s Wake” (2006) After moving with her family from Sudan to the United States, a little girl becomes ill and dies; authorities must determine how and why it happened.
- EP1206 “Transaction Failed” (2007) When a dedicated, well-respected teacher disappeared, police had to determine if she’d gone on vacation without telling anyone, or if she was the victim of foul play. Investigators turned to forensic science, hoping to find the answers they needed.
True Crime Holiday Marathon on FilmRise True Crime
Streaming free on The Roku Channel US & CA, Samsung TV Plus CA, VIZIO WatchFree+ US and TiVo+ US
It’s beginning to look a lot like murder. Track down yuletide killers on Unsolved Mysteries and Forensic Files.
- Forensic Files
- EP106 “Southside Strangler” Shortly after Thanksgiving in 1987, an intruder broke into a residence in Arlington, Virginia. That crime launched a new era in police investigations: DNA evidence and psychological profiling helped catch a serial killer and free an innocent man.
- EP405 “Innocence Lost” Sometime during a neighborhood Christmas party, five-year-old Melissa Brannen disappeared. No one saw where she went or noticed anything unusual. Investigators turned to forensic science to help them see what the witnesses missed. The young girl was never seen again… but fiber analysis led police to a suspect nonetheless.
- Unsolved Mysteries
- EP207 “Fatal Fungus” An infant was rushed to a Cleveland emergency room with serious breathing problems. The baby’s lungs were bleeding, an extremely rare life-threatening condition. Within months, there were more than 30 cases – an incidence more than a thousand times higher than anywhere else in the world. Doctors had never seen anything like it, and searched frantically for the cause and a cure.
- EP1113 “Undertaken” A funeral handyman is found dead underneath a parked car in Paterson, New Jersey. Although a medical examiner rules the death an accident, three years of investigation and a second autopsy prove it was murder.
Beyond Belief Marathon on FilmRise Sci-Fi (12/10 – 12/17)
Streaming free on The Roku Channel US, Redbox Free Live TV US and VIZIO WatchFree+ US
Tune in for a weeklong marathon of the hit paranormal series Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction seasons 2-4.
Classic TV Christmas on FilmRise Classic TV (12/17 – 12/19)
Streaming free on The Roku Channel US & CA, IMDb TV US, Redbox Free Live TV US, Samsung TV Plus CA, VIZIO WatchFree+ US and TiVo+ US
Spend Christmas with your favorite characters from The Commish, That Girl, 21 Jump Street and more!
Some of the Featured Holiday Episodes Include:
- 21 Jump Street EP425 “Everyday is Christmas” (1990) Penhall is transferred to the 43rd Precinct and ends up working with dirty cops. Starring Johnny Depp.
- The Commish EP111: “No Greater Gift” (1991) During the holiday season, Tony investigates the murder of an elderly woman allegedly killed in her home during a Christmas burglary; matches wits with a mugger, and defends a homeless woman who’s been sleeping in the manger of a Holy Family creche. Starring Michael Chiklis.
- Father Ted EP211: “A Christmassy Ted” (1996) Father Ted wins the “Golden Cleric,” for saving a fellow group of priests from an embarrassing situation.
- That Girl EP116 “Christmas and the Hard-Luck Kid” (1996) While on a break from her job at a department store as one of Santa’s helpers, Ann tells Donald about a Christmas she spent with one of her students while she was a teacher at a boarding school. A little boy named Tommy, who has always spent Christmas in hotels, is stuck at the school while his parents finish working on a movie. Since she isn’t allowed to bring him home with her, Ann stays at the school with him to give him his first happy Christmas. Starring Marlo Thomas.
Martial Masters Marathon on FilmRise Action (12/31 – 1/2)
Streaming free on The Roku Channel US, Samsung TV Plus US and VIZIO WatchFree+ US
All weekend long, binge high-octane action flicks with some of the screen’s greatest martial artists — including Jackie Chan and Jet Li.
- THE DEFENDER (1994) A corrupt businessman commits a murder and the only witness is the girlfriend of another businessman with close connections to the Chinese government, so a bodyguard from Beijing is dispatched to help two Hong Kong cops protect the witness. Complications arise when the bodyguard and the witness must confront their deep feelings for one another. Starring Jet Li.
- NINJA (2009) A westerner named Casey, studying Ninjutsu in Japan, is asked by the Sensei to return to New York to protect the legendary Yoroi Bitsu, an armored chest that contains the weapons of the last Koga Ninja.
- THE PRISONER (1990) A cop goes undercover to infiltrate a deadly prison where a team of mercenaries is being assembled. Starring Jackie Chan.
- WHITE PHANTOM (1987) A group of camouflaged ninjas steals a case of plutonium from a transport vehicle.