Last week, we asked the Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group about what they’re watching and how their viewing habits have changed in light of current events. Here’s what the group had to say about what they’re watching and how much time they’re spending on streaming.
We asked the group “Since coronavirus has taken over, are you spending more time streaming content than before?” 202 respondents said no, with 101 saying yes.
We also asked “Now that we’re all going to be home for a while… What will you be binge watching?”
Here’s the breakdown of top answers:
- Nothing. I have to go to work. (reader submitted response) – 151
- A streaming original (The Witcher on Netflix, Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access, etc.) – 80
- A current series I haven’t gotten a chance to start yet (Schitt’s Creek, This is Us, etc.) – 49
- I have many weekly shows to watch and many series and movies to watch (reader submitted response) – 24
- An old favorite (The Office, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, etc.) – 21
In the comments, several people commented that they’re sticking with feel good shows like Mary Tyler Moore, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Schitt’s Creek, as a break from all the news. Others said they’re diving into a series with multiple seasons, now that they have some free time on their hands. Some shows mentioned in the comments included Downton Abbey, Outlander, and Lost.
The polls are closed, but with more stay home orders going into effect around the country, many of us will be spending more time at home (huge thank you to all essential workers who are still going into work every week!) If you have favorite shows available to stream, leave a comment with your recommendations.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!