HBO Max now has an executive structure in place, led by Otter Media CEO Tony Goncalves.
Another key leader on the team is Andy Forssell, EVP & General Manager of WarnerMedia Direct-to-Consumer. Forssell will report to Goncalves who will report to Bob Greenblatt, WarnerMedia Entertainment Chief.
“With Tony Goncalves, Andy Forssell and their experienced leadership teams, we are now well-positioned to deliver a best-in-class customer experience and go-to-market strategy that positions HBO Max for real success,” Greenblatt said in the announcement Monday. “Combined with our stellar content teams, I’m thrilled with the level of expertise we have across this entire business.”
Other execs on the HBO Max team include
- Sarah Lyons, SVP of product experience, who previously held various positions within DirecTV including VP of OTT media products, responsible for the DirecTV Now product, and the launch of its AT&T TV video platform;
- Katie Soo, SVP of growth marketing, who hails from Warner Bros., Hulu and Dollar Shave Club;
- Keith Camoosa, SVP of data insights and operations, who was formerly in Warner Bros.’ research and analytics department;
- Jess Miller, VP of project management, who was instrumental in the launch of AT&T’s DirecTV Now service; and
- Reid DeRamus, senior director of business operations, who was formerly with Otter Media’s Crunchyroll anime business.
Rounding out the team are a group of execs from other areas of WarnerMedia. Those include Lionsgate veteran Sean Kisker, who will serve as EVP and chief strategy officer for Otter Media and Warner Media Direct-to-Consumer (reporting to Goncalves). Kisker will work closely with Josh Walker, chief strategy officer and EVP of financial planning, WarnerMedia Entertainment (reporting to Jessica Holscott, EVP and CFO of WarnerMedia Entertainment).
“We have gathered an all-star team of executives whose innovative contributions have directly advanced the digital media industry. I am so proud to be a part of this journey as we bring HBO Max to market and continue to transform this space,” said Goncalves. “Andy’s experience and leadership are essential for this effort and his partnership at Otter Media helped the company thrive at a time of significant change in the marketplace.”
HBO Max is set to launch in spring 2020. An exact date has not yet been announced.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!