Today SiliconDust announced they are launching a live TV streaming service with 45 channels for $35 a month. The service is said to be going live on August 18th 2018.
“Just like you can today, with your channels from your antenna, now you can also record episodes and season programs with HDHomeRun DVR. All of the functions you are used to using when recording Over the Air TV will also be available with these new streaming channels. You will see a whole new set of channels added to your line up in our patented SliceView™ channel list. They’ll show up like any other channel in your TV guide, and the shows on these channels will be recordable just like any other show. Also don’t forget when you activate the full DVR service you now also have 14 days of guide data so you can plan your recordings well in advance,” SiliconDust said in a statement sent to Cord Cutters News.
The new service currently only works with HDHomeRun devices so you will need an HDHomeRun to use this new streaming service.
Here are some of the channels that come with the service:
Here are some more details about the service:
- Supplement your LIVE local, sports and great primetime TV programming via antenna with the best of premium cable programming.
- Works with our DVR service allowing you to record our premium TV channels to watch later.
- No annual contracts or surprise fees. Sign-up for as long as you want, month-by-month, with no on-going subscription.
- The convenience and cost saving of having your LIVE antenna content and premium cable channels on one unified interface.
- Stream Over the Air LIVE TV from your existing Antenna and HDHomeRun Premium TV channels to all of the smart devices you love.
- Service will work in US (Canada coming soon) on HDHomeRun CONNECT & HDHomeRun EXTEND models.
You can learn more about it on the SiliconDust website.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.