Those who took part in HDHomeRun’s Kickstarter for the new HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K (HDHR5-4K)with ATSC 3.0 support are starting to receive their devices. HDHomeRun says all units have been shipped.
The Kickstarter started in April. Those who pledged $199 or more for the campaign made it onto the list for the first shipment of the device which allows users to receive free OTA TV via an antenna and offers 2 tuner support for ATSC 3.0 where available. Over 2700 people backed the campaign.
Here are the features for the device, listed by HDHomeRun:
- Cut the cable and save on monthly rental fees.
- Watch live HDTV and 4K on up to 4 devices simultaneously on your WiFi or wired network.
- Works with our HDHomeRun DVR so you can watch, pause and record.
- Watch and record in full 1080p and 4K HDR resolution where available
- HDHomeRun streams to DLNA compatible devices on your network.
- View on many devices and platforms. Windows 10/UWP including PCs, surface, tablets and phones; Android including phones, tablets and smart media boxes; Apple including computers, iPhones, and iPads. Also, Plex plugins can be used for third party applications.
For those who weren’t part of the company’s Kickstarter, pre-orders are now available for everyone right here for $199.99.