Here is everything new on Britbox in August 2019:
- August 1, 2019: Father Brown, Season 7 (US Premiere)- Set in the early 1950’s, the series, inspired by the books by G. K. Chesterton, centers around the local catholic priest at St. Mary’s, who often finds himself in the middle of some of the biggest crimes in and around the quaint English village of Kembleford in the Cotswolds. Assisted in his efforts by a motley and not always godly squad of allies and guided by his own playful wit and a razor-sharp intellect, Father Brown solves cases often to the neglect of his less interesting parish duties – much to the dismay of the local police who don’t always appreciate his aid.
- August 13, 2019: 35 Days, Season 1-3 (North American Premiere)- Presenting a gripping and original method of storytelling, this intriguing murder mystery unlocks the dark sins and secrets that lurk beneath seemingly normal lives. Turning the traditional investigative drama inside out, the storyline starts with a shocking murder, before immediately rolling back 35 days to unleash the chain of events that led to that fateful day.
- August 20, 2019: Britain’s Biggest Adventures with Bear Grylls (BritBox Premiere)– In this three-part series, famed adventurer Bear Grylls immerses himself in the British countryside, combining natural history with the adrenaline rush of a survival show to experience the British Isles at its most spectacular.
- August 27, 2019: Age Before Beauty (North American Premiere)- Based in Manchester, Age Before Beauty is a family drama written by Poldark’s Debbie Horsfield. Set in a beauty salon, the series follows a married couple whose lives get more complicated when an old friend returns seeking their help with his troubled business. Starring Robson Green (Grantchester, Strike Back), Polly Walker (Rome, Mr. Selfridge) Eugene Collins (Coronation Street) and Sue Johnston (Downton Abbey).
- August 30, 2019: All Creatures Great and Small, Season 1-3 (BritBox Premiere)- Based on the books of the British veterinary surgeon James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small follows the trials and misadventures of the staff of a country veterinary office in 1940’s Yorkshire. It stars Christopher Timothy (Eastenders), Robert Hardy (Harry Potter franchise) and Peter Davison (Doctor Who).
- August- Christie Summer Cinema (BritBox Event) –
- August 2, 2019: Murder Most Foul (BritBox Premiere)- The sole dissenting member of a jury that aims to convict a man of murdering an actress, beloved Agatha Christie character Miss Marple (Margaret Rutherford) joins a theatrical company to investigate the crime on her own. As she gets closer to H. Driffold Cosgood (Ron Moody) and his fellow performers, yet another actor is found dead. Her digging uncovers evil deeds that date back several years, but Miss Marple finds herself in danger as she closes in on the killer.
- August 9, 2019: Alphabet Murders (BritBox Premiere)- Agatha Christie’s enigmatic sleuth Hercule Poirot (Tony Randall) trails a killer whose murdering spree appears to be linked to the letters of the alphabet. This exciting and comedic film also features a cameo from Margaret Rutherford as Christie’s other iconic sleuth, Miss Marple.
BritBox is now available for $6.99 per month—after an introductory free trial period—on Roku®, Apple TV 4th Gen, all iOS and Android devices, AirPlay, Chromecast, and online at www.britbox.com. BritBox is also offered as an Amazon Channel available for Prime members on all Amazon Video capable devices and platforms including Amazon Fire TV and tablets, as well online at www.amazon.com/channels/
Compare Acorn TV to BritBox here.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.