In just a couple months, the much anticipated Disney+ streaming service will launch. Over the past few months, we’ve learned a lot about what Disney+ will look like, what content we’ll be seeing, and how we’ll be able to watch. Here’s what we know.
When will it launch?
Disney+ will launch on November 12, 2019.
How much will it cost?
Disney+ will cost $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.
The service can be purchased on its own or as an add-on to a Hulu account. No word yet on whether this add-on will come with a discounted price.
The new streaming service will also be available as part of a bundle. For $12.99 /month you’ll get Disney+, Hulu with limited ads, and ESPN+
What devices will Disney+ work on?
Here are all the devices Disney+ will support at launch.
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase);
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation®4 and all Android based Sony TVs);
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
Will Disney+ have offline viewing?
Yes, Disney+ will support offline viewing by offering unlimited downloads for TV shows and movies.
Will Disney+ Have 4K HDR Content?
Yes, Disney said some content on Disney+ will be in 4K HDR for customers with a supported device.
Will Disney+ have profiles?
Yes, Disney+ will offer profiles including profiles for kids that limit what content they can access.
What will the app look like?
Here’s a preview of the app, posted by Dave Zatz:
Will Disney+ have ads?
Disney+ will be 100% ad-free.
What content will it include?
During the D23 event, we learned much more about the content coming to Disney+ in November and beyond.
Here are the highlights:
- The entire Disney Vault will be available on Disney+.
- All of Star Wars will live on Disney+ within a year of the streaming service’s launch.
- The Disney+ library will include Over 5,000 episodes of Disney Channel and Disney Junior content and Disney original movies of the past.
- Disney+ will have the entire Pixar library available to stream within the first year.
- The library will also include 30 seasons of The Simpsons.
- The Muppets are coming to Disney+ in shorts and other content.
There are many exclusive originals coming to Disney+ as well. The Star Wars franchise will be back with The Mandalorian and Clone Wars. Marvel has many new movies and series, including WandaVision, Loki, What If…?, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Look for new Pixar content like Monsters at Work, and content from Disney including Timmy Failure and the Christmas movie Noelle.
Check out this post with more of the original content coming to Disney+.
Where can I learn more?
Disney+ has a website where you can sign up for updates and read more about the content coming to the streaming service.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.