Yesterday we learned that Hoopla Digital was added to the Apple TV and the Fire TV. Today they launched an app on Android TV and say Roku is coming in the next few weeks.
In the What’s New section of their recent update they list:
- App support for Android TV.
- Browse, search, borrow, and stream movies and television.
- Access your favorites for faster access to your saved content.
- Toggle on Kids Mode to filter content for ages 13 and under.
- More features coming soon!
- NOTE: New permissions to record audio and read TV channel information have been added, please know that we only use these for the TV app.
hoopla has been busy adding new content. Recently it struck a deal with Viacom and Paramount to add hundreds of popular TV shows from networks such as Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, MTV, Spike, VH1, TV Land, and CMT.
So how do you get access to hoopla? You need a library membership. If you want to stream the great library of content, contact your local library and find out if they offer Hoopla. Chances are they do have a free streaming service for members.
If you are a cord cutter make sure to take advantage of your local library. You are paying for it with your taxes so why not take advantage of the services?
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.