There’s certainly no shortage of options when it comes to streaming these days, with new options arriving almost every month it seems.
And as the streaming landscape becomes more and more crowded, customers are putting their own bundles together in a huge variety of ways. But what exactly are most people putting together? TiVo offered a little insight in their annual Video Trends report, released just this week.
TiVo did break down their data between people who still pay for a television package and those who have streaming only. Additionally, survey respondents were asked which streaming services they carry, so it’s possible for them to have multiple answers and the percentages will exceed 100%.
The most popular service bundles for those with paid television (all data points include a pay TV package):
- YouTube and Netflix: 35.5%
- Amazon Prime and Netflix: 27.6%
- YouTube and Amazon Prime: 24.3%
- Amazon Prime plus Amazon rentals/purchases: 20.3%
- YouTube, Amazon Prime and Netflix: 19.3%
- Netflix and Amazon rentals/purchases: 19.2%
- YouTube and and Amazon rentals/purchases: 18.3%
- Hulu and Netflix: 16%
- Netflix and Disney+: 15.1%
- Amazon Prime, Netflix and Amazon rentals/purchases: 14.9%
The most popular service bundles for broadband only subscribers:
- YouTube, Amazon Prime and Netflix: 25.3%
- Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix: 16.4%
- Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+: 15.9%
- YouTube, Hulu and Netflix: 15.8%
- Amazon Prime, Netflix and Amazon rentals/purchases: 15.6%
- YouTube, Netflix and Disney+: 15.1%
- YouTube, Amazon Prime and Amazon rentals/purchases: 14.6%
- YouTube, Netflix and Amazon rentals/purchases: 14%
- YouTube, Netflix and a free streaming service: 13.5%
- YouTube, Amazon Prime and Hulu: 12%
Perhaps most interesting in TiVo’s breakdown of streaming bundles was their comparison between those who still pay for cable and those who are broadband only. On average, pay television customers pay about $129 per month including their streaming options. Those who are broadband only pay $44 a month.
Interesingly though, the majority of both pay TV and broadband only customers are happy with their arrangement, as 64.6% and 70.5% respectively saying they’re satisfied with their pricing.
This data comes from TiVo’s annual Video Trends report. The survey was conducted in the first quarter of 2020 with 4,367 participants.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.