Amazon’s Fire TV is a simple way to add some smarts to your TV. The Fire TV Stick and Stick 4K, especially, are extremely portable, so they can be rather handy when you’re traveling and want to bring your favorite services and content along. But sometimes the image needs a little adjusting, so if your Fire TV content is a bit too small (everything’s surrounded by a black frame) or too large (text and other edge details get cut off) for your screen, here’s how to get your Fire TV to fit your screen.
Before we get started, it’s important to note that not all Fire TV devices and versions currently support this feature. For example, first-gen Fire Sticks and the current Fire Stick 4K appear to support the feature at the moment. If you’re having trouble with video that seems too zoomed in or out, check to see if you’ve enabled the screen magnifier feature.
Now, onto the steps:
- Grab your remote and press and hold the Home button.
- From the menu overlay, scroll over and select Settings.
- Scroll over and select Display & Sounds.
- Scroll down and select Display.
- Select Calibrate Display.
- Follow the on-screen directions to adjust the test image using your remote.
- Once you’re satisfied with the adjustments, click Accept and you should be all set!
Hopefully that helps you get the most out of your Fire TV. And if you have suggestions or tips and tricks you’d like us to cover in the future, feel free to let us know in the comments below!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!