One of the best parts about being a cord cutter is the freedom to subscribe and unsubscribe to streaming services whenever you want. Without being locked into a one (or more) year contract, you can choose to pay for the services you want, when you want them.
Some streaming services make it even easier to choose when you’ll watch and pay for streaming content by offering the option to pause your subscription. This is a great option for those who are traveling over the summer and won’t be using their account during that time.
Hulu, YouTube TV, and Sling TV offer the option to pause your subscription.
- Visit your Account page
- Locate the Your Subscription section
- Click Pause next to Pause Your Subscription at the bottom of that section
- Set the duration (up to 12 weeks)
- Click Submit
When you pause your Hulu subscription, the pause begins on the first day of your next billing cycle.
YouTube TV added the pause feature last fall. To pause your YouTube TV subscription:
- Visit youtube.com on a web browser
- Navigate to Settings > Membership
- Click Deactivate membership > Pause membership under “YouTube TV membership.”
When you pause your YouTube TV subscription, the pause begins on the first day of your next billing cycle.
- Sign in to your account at sling.com/account
- Select Cancel Subscription
- Select Pause My Subscription
- Choose how long you’d like to pause your subscription for (one, two, or three months)
- Select Next
- Select Confirm Pause to finalize
The Pause will take effect at the end of your current billing cycle and will automatically restart on the date shown.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!