Thanksgiving has finally arrived and there is no better way to celebrate than spending time with your family and friends, feasting on copious amounts of food, and watching 3 games from the National Football League.
Since the NFL was established in 1920, the league has played games on Thanksgiving Day. Two NFC franchises, the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys have been staples of Turkey Day football. The Lions hosted their first Thanksgiving Day game in 1934, while the Cowboys hosted their first one in 1966. In 2006, the NFL decided to turn Thanksgiving into a primetime affair by adding a third game.
The Detroit Lions are 0-9-1 this season and will be hosting their NFC North rivals, the 3-7 Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving. Historically, the Lions are 37-42-2 all-time on Thanksgiving and are on a 4-game losing streak on the holiday, which includes 2 losses to the Bears. All-time against the Bears, the Lions are on the losing end of a 103-75-5 record, which includes a 10–8 Chicago lead on Thanksgiving. The Lions-Bears game is the second most frequent Thanksgiving Day matchup after Lions-Packers (21 games).
The midday game at AT&T Stadium will be a clash of 2 of the NFL’s most dedicated fanbases when the 7-3 Cowboys host the 5-5 Raiders. The Raiders have played the Cowboys twice on Turkey Day with the Cowboys winning each contest in 2009 and 2013. The Cowboys have feasted on their opponents with a 31-21-1 record on the holiday but are 1-3 over their last 4 appearances.
The 6-4 Buffalo Bills will travel down to The Boot to take on the 5-5 New Orleans Saints. Both of these teams are in need of a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. The Bills are 4-4-1 on Thanksgiving Day games, while the Saints have marched in with a perfect 3-0.
The Games – Start Times and Channels
Thursday, Nov. 25
|Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions||12:30 PM||FOX|
|Las Vegas Raiders at Dallas Cowboys||4:30 PM||CBS|
|Buffalo Bills at New Orleans Saints||8:20 PM||NBC|
How to Watch the NFL on Thanksgiving Without Cable
Fans will have plenty of options to watch all their favorite NFL teams and stars compete on the gridiron without spending a fortune.
AntennaWeb is a great tool you can use to find out which affiliate in your area will broadcast the local games on CBS, FOX, and NBC.
Select games are available to stream through NFL digital properties such as NFL.com, the NFL app, and the digital properties of the respective teams. Plus, fans can watch the game on their phones via the Yahoo Sports app.
Most of the major subscription live TV streaming services carry this week’s games, so fans can watch the game from anywhere.
- DIRECTV STREAM has CBS, FOX, and NBC for $70/mo.
- fuboTV offers CBS, NBC, and FOX in their Family package for $65/mo. Sports Plus with NFL RedZone is only $10.99/mo for fans who want to watch every score and the biggest plays around the league on NFL RedZone.
- Hulu + Live TV includes CBS, FOX, and NBC for only $65/mo. Fans can watch the biggest plays of the day on NFL RedZone with the Sports add-on for only $10/mo.
- Sling TV includes NBC, and FOX with their Orange + Blue package for only $50/mo. Big plays, highlights, scores, and the best moments of the day are available on NFL RedZone with the Sports Extra add-on package for $11/mo.
- Vidgo offers FOX for only $55/mo.; however, new and returning subscribers can take advantage of their $10/mo. special. Vidgo is the perfect service to catch all the big scores of the day as it includes NFL RedZone.
- YouTube TV has CBS, FOX, and NBC for only $65/mo. With the Sports Plus add-on, fans can watch the biggest plays and scores on NFL RedZone for $11/mo.
- Peacock Premium subscribers can watch every Sunday Night Football game, Thanksgiving Day game, and Super Bowl LVI for only $5/mo.
- Paramount+ is an inexpensive way to watch live games on CBS for only $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
Predicting the Winners
We’re 12 weeks into the season and the Thanksgiving triple-header should be a fun day full of surprises. Here are our predictions for the winners of all 3 games.
How to Watch Your Favorite NFL Team
- How to watch the Buffalo Bills
- How to watch the Miami Dolphins
- How to watch the New England Patriots
- How to watch the New York Jets
- How to watch the Las Vegas Raiders
- How to watch the Kansas City Chiefs
- How to watch the Denver Broncos
- How to watch the Los Angeles Chargers
- How to watch the Cleveland Browns
- How to watch the Baltimore Ravens
- How to watch the Cincinnati Bengals
- How to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers
- How to watch the Jacksonville Jaguars
- How to watch the Tennessee Titans
- How to watch the Houston Texans
- How to watch the Indianapolis Colts
- How to watch the Washington Football Team
- How to watch the Philadelphia Eagles
- How to watch the Dallas Cowboys
- How to watch the New York Giants
- How to watch the Los Angeles Rams
- How to watch the Seattle Seahawks
- How to watch the Arizona Cardinals
- How to watch the San Francisco 49ers
- How to watch the Chicago Bears
- How to watch the Minnesota Vikings
- How to watch the Green Bay Packers
- How to watch the Detroit Lions
- How to watch the Carolina Panthers
- How to watch the New Orleans Saints
- How to watch the Atlanta Falcons
- How to watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers