The last game of the NFL’s first extended Wildcard Weekend is finally here. For the first time ever, two NFL teams will be playing a playoff game on Monday. As we reported earlier this year, ESPN will be broadcasting the history-making event under the Monday Night Football brand and there will be a ManningCast on ESPN+ and ESPN 2
On the field, two NFC West rivals will be competing in a rubber match when the 12-5 division champion LA Rams host the 11-6 Arizona Cardinals. When these two teams faced off on Monday, December 13, the Rams won 30-23 in what was a pivotal division game. The Rams will have home-field advantage at SoFi Stadium and will attempt to send QB Kyler Murray and the Cardinals packing in his playoff debut.
The Game – Kickoff Time and Networks
Monday, January 17
|Game||Kickoff Time (ET)||Network|
|Arizona Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams||1:05 p.m. ET||ESPN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPN+, ESPN|
How to Watch NFL Wildcard Monday Without Cable
Fans will have plenty of options to watch playoff NFL football on the gridiron without spending a fortune.
AntennaWeb is a great tool you can use to find out which affiliate in your area will broadcast the Wildcard game on ABC.
Select games are available to stream through NFL digital properties such as NFL.com, the NFL app, and the digital properties of the respective teams. Plus, fans can watch the game on their phones via the Yahoo Sports app.
Most of the major subscription live TV streaming services will carry Monday’s game, so fans can watch the game from anywhere.
- DIRECTV STREAM has ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 for $70/mo.
- fuboTV offers ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 in their Starter package for $65/mo.
- Hulu + Live TV includes ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 for only $70/mo. The streaming platform also includes ESPN+ and Disney+.
- Sling TV includes ESPN and ESPN 2 with their Orange package for only $35/mo.
- Vidgo offers ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 for only $55/mo.
- YouTube TV has ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 for only $65/mo.
- ESPN+: Monday Night Football with Peyton & Eli will be available to stream on ESPN+. What has been dubbed as “The Manningcast,” will be available for 10 select games throughout the season and will be simulcasted on ESPN 2. For only $6.99/month, or annually for 69.99/year, subscribers can watch Peyton and Eli Manning(and guests) offer fans an in-depth and alternative perspective on Monday night’s game and the 2021-22 NFL season.
- The Disney Bundle: Enjoy the Manningcast on ESPN+, and hit movies, shows, and classics on Disney+ and Hulu (w/Ads) for only $13.99/month, or upgrade to Hulu (No Ads) for $19.99/month via The Disney Bundle.
Predicting the Winner
Rams QB Matt Stafford is winless in the playoffs for his career. Heading into his Week 14 matchup against the Cardinals, the QB was 0-9 against teams that have/had 10 wins. The Rams won that game 30-23, and the QB will get his first playoff win against the Red Birds on Monday.