Hulu DVR

Hulu is Rolling Out More DVR Options

Today Hulu’s VP of Product Richard Irving posted a full update on Hulu’s DVR. In the blog post, Hulu made it official that they are rolling out new DVR features.

In the past, if you added something to My Stuff Hulu automatically record new airings. Now if you add something to My Shows you will get the option to record the show or just keep track of it in your My Shows tab.

“As a company full of TV-obsessed enthusiasts, we’re always looking for new ways to add more features to our products that simplify, personalize and optimize the Hulu viewing experience based on your feedback. One area that we’re particularly excited to focus on is Cloud DVR. Our vision for our Cloud DVR is to provide you with highly customizable, intuitive recording options and features to reflect your relationship to each title.” Said Richard Irving VP of Product at Hulu.

Right now these features are available on iOS, Apple TV (4th gen.), Xbox, Amazon Fire TV devices, Nintendo Switch and 2017 Samsung Smart TVs. Hulu did add that more devices will be getting these new DVR options in the coming weeks.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

11 Responses to Hulu is Rolling Out More DVR Options

1. Lynnneez February 8, 2018 at 2:53 pm #

Great! It sucks up my precious little DVR space if I can’t specify whether I want to record or track episodes. They should also allow the option to choose whether you want to record a particular instance or all episodes. This should be a must have feature on any DVR that does not have unlimited space like PS Vue.

• Kevin Jordan February 8, 2018 at 3:32 pm #

You’ve always had the option to record just a single episode as opposed to the entire series.

• SS February 8, 2018 at 4:15 pm #

But you can’t add the show to your watchlist. And their guide doesn’t even go far; so, you can’t set to record episodes more than a couple days into the future.

• Lynnneez February 8, 2018 at 6:15 pm #

I don’t recall seeing that option on fire tv until today, but then again, I use Hulu infrequently.

2. Michael Dubanowski February 8, 2018 at 3:16 pm #

Unfortunately I had to leave Hulu Live due to the nonstop buffering. I really liked it too. Hopefully it’ll get better.

3. SS February 8, 2018 at 4:13 pm #

I can’t believe they went this long with that DVR limitation.

If they have a storage limit, they should allow you to choose which episodes to record. The only services that are allowed to record anything they want from your shows are those that give you unlimited storage, like YouTube TV, PS Vue and Philo.

4. Bob Muenchen February 8, 2018 at 4:21 pm #

Where’s the original blog post? Not at blog.hulu.com.

5. Fred Koot February 8, 2018 at 4:41 pm #

Wow, what will they think of next?

6. Darren Bratton February 8, 2018 at 10:12 pm #

I wish they’d offer a free month trial of the live service…a week isn’t long enough….

• juztplayin12 February 9, 2018 at 11:20 am #

wait, i thought the hulu live tv was for a free month trial?