Hulu_Fliptray-ed

Hulu is Sending Out a Fourth Round of Hulu Live TV Beta Invites Today

Did you miss out on the first three rounds of Hulu Beta invites? You better check your email and spam folder again because the third round of beta invites to Hulu’s new live TV service are going out today. This is good news for cord cutting because it shows that Hulu is getting closer to releasing its new live TV streaming service; however keep in mind that a beta does not mean it will come out any time soon.

Hulu once again gave Cord Cutters News a heads up about the new round of beta invites. We do not know how many will be added but so far there have been roughly 250 invites that have already been sent out. Now remember this is a beta and it is very possible that a lot will change before launch.

We still do not know exact roll out of the Hulu live TV service. It is likely that the launch of Hulu’s new live TV service will depend on how successful the beta program is. If it finds a lot of glitches it is likely Hulu will want to wait longer to try and iron out any of the potential issues. Something other services did not do.

As we have seen with other live TV streaming services is a lot harder than many think it will be. Streaming on demand is a lot easier for a variety of reasons: from the ability to seed the country with more servers to the fact that not everyone is trying to watch the same content at the same moment.

I have seen Hulu’s new live TV a service and was impressed with it. You can find my first impressions of the new live TV service HERE.

If you would like to apply for the beta here is what you need to know:

You will need an Apple TV, Android, or iOS for the beta. (It looks like this is for Android phones and tablets not an Android TV app.) We do expect more devices to be added. It is typical when a beta is live that only one device is supported. When Sling went live the beta was only on Roku players.

Although this does mean we can confirm that Hulu will be on Apple TV.

If you want to apply to join the beta, head over to HuluLive.com, it will send you over to a page that is taking signups for the Hulu Live beta.

7 Responses to Hulu is Sending Out a Fourth Round of Hulu Live TV Beta Invites Today

vikings football March 1, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

so beta testing has been going on for over a month…would be nice to see how they set up their channel lineup per package.

mau47 March 1, 2017 at 4:53 pm #

Yeah, I am surprised the channel lineup hasn’t leaked yet. For me its between that if the lineup is good or sticking with DTN.

Scott Blanchard March 1, 2017 at 5:23 pm #

Starting to lose patience with these “Coming Soon” cordcutting services. My DirectvNow 3 month prepay is up in a few days (March 7) and I need to make a decision before then.

acmphotodude March 2, 2017 at 3:36 pm #

Good news is that Sling has announced CSN Bay Area/California will go live on April 2. When I told DtV Now that I would be leaving them on Apr 2, they responded with: “we are adding more features and channels in the near future please stay tuned for more to come.” I responded with “Near Future is not a date or even an approximation and not good enough to keep me”.

Lynnneez March 1, 2017 at 6:31 pm #

I am already signed up for more services than I need, but I am very excited about Hulu’s offering. Nothing will make me get rid of PS Vue, DTV Now will probably not stay in my house and Sling MUST have a dvd option to keep. No interest in the YouTube package. At least with the multiple beta tests with Hulu and no launch date provided, I am assuming their product will be relatively glitch free at launch, whenever that will be.

Darren Bratton March 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm #

The normal Hulu has been having some MAJOR issues…couldn’t access last nite at all & now all my shows in my watchlist are showing episode one instead of the last ep I had already watched.

Daniel Richards March 2, 2017 at 4:06 am #

there was a big thing last night, Amazons AWS service was attacked earlier in the day and lots of services had issues that night.